Free Admission! North Texas Ready For Early Game Against MVSU Thursday. Tip off at 11:30 am

Harry

There is a group of people that seem to think that getting a new AD will suddenly all in the world will be right.  You seem to be one of those people Rick.  Sadly, should we get a new AD tomorrow it will be at least a year before I expect any significant changes to really be made.

This I agree with.  It's the reason why the ENTIRE upper administration within the department needs a flush.

Rick

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

This I agree with.  It's the reason why the ENTIRE upper administration within the department needs a flush.

Rick

I'm not sure who is responsible for the press releases from the Athletic Department, but I would think it may fall under the leadership of the guy with this title:
"
Senior Associate Athletic Director, Athletics Communications"   

There is a group of people that seem to think that getting a new AD will suddenly all in the world will be right.  You seem to be one of those people Rick.  Sadly, should we get a new AD tomorrow it will be at least a year before I expect any significant changes to really be made.

If you cannot improve the performance above this AD within 12 months, then the wrong hire was made--which would be very typical of this place. RV is absolutely awful as an AD at everything, except opening up tailgating and glad-handing people. If you cannot at least meet that criteria, being in the direction of athletics would seem to be a poor choice for a career. But in all honesty, RV is just the symptom of the Apathy Virus that the BOR and administration carry. If they don't care to have a winner in the two revenue sports that matter to most guys, why should anyone care, either? Which is exactly why the apathy we have here is so strong. The fans cannot change this--it has to come from the university's leadership. RV still being here as AD after 15 seasons of mostly bad performances in the revenue sports, even if he's just a puppet for the UNT 17, the BOR, Smatresk, or Lee Jackson, all it does is continue to serve as a glaring reminder to fans and the media that winning doesn't matter here--and it doesn't. The proof is in the pudding on this, at least until something changes drastically in performance on the football field or basketball court.

Sadly, Littrell will see this. So will the next RV hire for the mens basketball team. Respectively, both of these hires will be the 7th cumulative regime he has watched over in these two sports...in 15 years.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Agree with the time frame. I am reminded of the old saying that the longest journey begins with the first step. Enough already! We know what needs to happen, let's start on the journey...yesterday.

Rick

200.gif

200.gif

• Upvote 1

I was only trying to point out that you are one of the major offenders when it comes to spelling mistakes and to see you pointing out someone else's mistakes was rather amusing and quite ironic.

Carry on with your faux rage.

Always a defender of Rick Villarreal, even when he can't even get a date with DISD correct. Or spell the name of a recruit.

It is sloppiness and a lack of caring and concern that filters down from the AD's office. And it affects every facet of the AD. It's a cancer. And it's malignant and terminal. 

Enjoy your allegiance to Rick Villarreal. This is the only university where fans care more about a man than they do about putting their student athletes in a position to be successful.

Sad, really. 

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Sure. So why wait? Why put us 2 more years in the hole? Can this man and then wait another year to see the payoffs take place from a new AD. I just want an AD that knows how to schedule, fund raise, market, and take OWNERSHIP. In no order. Your theory suggests that we are going to stay with who we have so we can stay where we are because real change wouldn't happen until a year from now if RV was fired. What is going to take place from now to next Christmas with RV still in place. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Anyone notice how our 5 or 6 uber trolls are stuck in the past and keep posting the same thing over and over and over and over and over again?

In order for this program and this board to move forward some tough decisions need to be made. Otherwise we will continue to be dragged down in the sewer by our past. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Anyone notice how our 5 or 6 uber trolls are stuck in the past and keep posting the same thing over and over and over and over and over again?

In order for this program and this board to move forward some tough decisions need to be made. Otherwise we will continue to be dragged down in the sewer by our past. 

Sure. But our past is our present. We can't turn around and walk away from our past when we start walking we are still in it. It's called reality. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Now that's what I'm talking about. I'm glad you finally realize we can't move forward with this AD dragging UNT down to the sewer of our past.

I didn't know you had it in you.

Seriously, what you say is akin to saying you are going to move forward from a contentious divorce while still cohabitation with the ex-wife. 

Its just silly. 

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Anyone notice how there are 5-6 people that continually complain about people complaining about the AD?

Since you claim you want to move forward, what's your idea(s) for doing so?

• Upvote 4