Danny White hired at UCF

Harry

UCF: Buffalo athletic director Danny White has agreed to become the new athletic director at UCF, per Dan Wolken of USA Today and Brandon Helwig who covers UCF. Helwig adds that White’s introductory presser will be Thursday. You might recall that White went unconventional in his hiring of legendary D-III head coach Lance Leipold at Buffalo. Will be interesting to see who he plans to go with at UCF.

read more:  http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop/

I have "resume envy". Wonder what UCF is paying him?

"Daniel "Danny" White (born c. 1980) is an American university sports administrator. He is the athletic director-designate for the UCF Knights sports program of the University of Central Florida located in Orlando, Florida.[1] White held the same position at the State University of New York at Buffalo from 2012 to 2015.[2] Prior to his tenure at Buffalo, he served as the senior associate athletic director for Ole Miss.

Danny has been heavily surrounded by college athletics throughout his life. His father, Kevin White, is currently the Director of Athletics at Duke University. He graduated from the University of Notre Dame in 2002 where he majored in business administration and from Ohio University, receiving his master's degrees in both business administration and sports administration. White is currently pursuing his doctorate from the University of Mississippi."

Edited by EagleMBA

I have "resume envy". Wonder what UCF is paying him?

"Daniel "Danny" White (born c. 1980) is an American university sports administrator. He is the athletic director-designate for the UCF Knights sports program of the University of Central Florida located in Orlando, Florida.[1] White held the same position at the State University of New York at Buffalo from 2012 to 2015.[2] Prior to his tenure at Buffalo, he served as the senior associate athletic director for Ole Miss.

Danny has been heavily surrounded by college athletics throughout his life. His father, Kevin White, is currently the Director of Athletics at Duke University. He graduated from the University of Notre Dame in 2002 where he majored in business administration and from Ohio University, receiving his master's degrees in both business administration and sports administration. White is currently pursuing his doctorate from the University of Mississippi."

Guess what... He's only 35 years old... That's way too young to run a program.....

Guess what... He's only 35 years old... That's way too young to run a program.....

WAY too young! Never mind that he has demonstrated his competence...just for not very many years yet. The term I used to hear when downplaying a potential young hire was "Not enough scar tissue".

No on the Cowboy Danny White.

That's what I thought until I looked him up. Different dude.

http://www.riceowls.com/genrel/joe_karlgaard_872366.html

Here is another relatively young guy who seems to be doing a good job.

• Upvote 1

I always liked the fact that he was the punter as well as quarterback.  Dallas had a true option on 4th down.  Danny White also coached an arena league team in Arizona.  Good ole number 11.  I'm sure it was hard for him backing up Captain America but when he got his chance he did well. 

Good to hear he's still involved in football.

I always like Danny.  He was never going to fill the Dodger's shoes but I thought he did a nice job.

That Danny White was a great guy. When I was in high school at Allen (playing for the great Ken Purcell - speaking of AD's) a friend that went to church with Danny got him to let us take his custom van to our prom. That was in '84 when he was still playing for the Cowboys - so we thought we were pretty cool lol.

I never heard of "this" Danny White before...

I hear "that" Danny White on the radio every Sunday that I'm driving back home from Denton.  Sorry to say, he's no Troy Aikman, but he's OK.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_White

He has been the color commentator for Cowboys games on Compass Media Networks' America's Team Radio Network since the 2011 season.

Edited by Stix
bad formatting!