MAJOR APPLEWHITE

TheReal_jayD

I would love to have Fritz or Babers as both are outstanding coaches and either would quickly turn North Texas into a winner.

Fritz won again last night, again in dominating fashion http://espn.go.com/college-football/recap?gameId=400787472

Applewhite has never been a head coach but he is bright and he's gained enough experience that I am reasonably confident that he could assemble a competent staff. It wouldn't be as quick as the other two but I believe he would field a winner.

• Upvote 1

Right now Applewhite would be 5th on my list behind Fritz, Withers, Babers, and Thomsen.  The only knock is that he has no HC experience.  He should be really interested considering his familiarity with Texas and desire to be a HC.  

Fritz (7-2 at GS) is making just over 500,000 and so is Babers (8-2 at BG).  They are longshots at best but both have strong Texas ties.

Withers (8-2 at JM) is making about 350,000.  He might be a possiblity.

Thomsen as an OC should be interested since he has strong Texas ties and has been an HC in Texas.

I totally agree with this. After reading more about Withers he has moved up my list as well 

Edited by TheReal_jayD
  • Upvote 1