Thoughts on SMU

GreenTexan13

SMU deserved the win, they played better then us towards the end. And we clearly lacked at QB and coaching.

As far as the fans go.... I saw a group of SMU fans chanting UNT F-ing sucks and going to UNT makes you a retard to a bunch of UNT fans that were walking into the game. I saw a drunk SMU fan get arrested for PI. @oldguystudent, I don't think it was the same person you saw. I then had the same guys that were chanting UNT F-ing sucks, bump into my group of friends and then they laughed still throwing out UNT disses. I also saw a cop literally chase down a couple jay walking frat guys. Make them go back to the other side of the street, and wait for him to let them walk across. (I had a good laugh)

SMU's security issue is a problem. I feel like I'm going through airport security getting into the game. Which also made the lines long. 

They do have a nice stadium, and it was a pretty good experience outside of what I talked about above. It's just a bummer, that our performance that game was a dud...

SMU deserved the win, they played better then us towards the end. And we clearly lacked at QB and coaching.

As far as the fans go.... I saw a group of SMU fans chanting UNT F-ing sucks and going to UNT makes you a retard to a bunch of UNT fans that were walking into the game. I saw a drunk SMU fan get arrested for PI. @oldguystudent, I don't think it was the same person you saw. I then had the same guys that were chanting UNT F-ing sucks, bump into my group of friends and then they laughed still throwing out UNT disses. I also saw a cop literally chase down a couple jay walking frat guys. Make them go back to the other side of the street, and wait for him to let them walk across. (I had a good laugh)

SMU's security issue is a problem. I feel like I'm going through airport security getting into the game. Which also made the lines long. 

They do have a nice stadium, and it was a pretty good experience outside of what I talked about above. It's just a bummer, that our performance that game was a dud...

We all know every fan base has a few idiots. We ran into a small group of UNT students who talked trash to my group after we simply asked them if they wanted to join us for a beer. They rudely declined and continued talking trash while walking away. It didn't bother us because all other UNT fans we came across were great, and I'm sure they had a good time. 

• Upvote 3

It's funny how SMU could only "hang on" to a half to Baylor and they get obliterated, but the talk is all positive.

Then, SMU can't put the game away against a "lesser" North Texas team until the 4th quarter.

Your season does not bode well.

Might be better, might be worse. Their offense hung 21 on Baylor, but the defense did get trampled badly. In the same situation, UNT might've held Baylor to a much lower score but may have only scored 7 points with maybe a few from special teams performance.

Thing is, it looks like SMU has the edge in either QB recruiting and/or QB utilization.