Welp

cdizzle86

It seems like the sane thing to do is quit treating the speculations as fact.  Of course there is the possibility there is more to it, but all anyone posting here actually knows is that Jimmerson was brought in for "pedestrian walk on roadway where sidewalk prohibited."  If you are going to make speculations, at least have the decency to treat them as such.

police don't make arrests for this offense unless there is something more to it. Plain and simple. Hell, if you get out of the road, they don't even write tickets for it.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

A little perspective for the usual idiots on this subject.

This was either him being politely asked to move out of a roadway and throwing out the typical "I know my rights, you can't tell me what to do" B.S. and refusing to obey, leaving the cop no other choice but to arrest (if he won't get out of the street, writing him a ticket won't make him get out of the street.

Or

He was in the middle of a neighborhood know for street dealing narcotics and this offense was used for probable cause to detain him. (Before the idiots start screaming "racial profiling," they should read Whren v US. But they won't because they really could care less about facts when it comes to police encounters). When he was detained, he then reverted to the conduct described above in the "either" section.

Michael Brown could have saved his own life and gotten away with strong armed robbery had he simply complied with an officer's direction to get out of the road.

The idiocy of the black lives matter "movement" is having an extremely detrimental effect on young black males who get sucked into the propaganda and then make terrible decisions based on false information. 

Lets just be thankful that he didn't resist arrest and really complicate his future.

92674-jeff-daniels-cool-gif-dumb-and-Mek

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

police don't make arrests for this offense unless there is something more to it. Plain and simple. Hell, if you get out of the road, they don't even write tickets for it.

Maybe not.  But you have no way of knowing whether Jimmerson played the "I know my rights, you can't tell me what to do" card, as your previous post portrays as absolute fact.

• Upvote 2

Very good chance it's something like PI or other minor issue. You can't sign a citation if your are intoxicatedz it could also be something simple as not having ID on him. While you do not need ID to be in public the officer will need it before citing you and you sign your promise to appear. If Jimmy didn't have ID then the officer has to cut him loose or arrest him to allow the judge to deal with it.

Unless there is more to the story this shouldn't turn out any different than a traffic ticket.

they may have taken him in for the pedestrian violation instead of the PI. If he was charged with PI, that charge would have been listed. 

• Upvote 1

Maybe not.  But you have no way of knowing whether Jimmerson played the "I know my rights, you can't tell me what to do" card, as your previous post portrays as absolute fact.

that was a response to the typical police bashing from the normal minimal thinking crowd. I also acknowledged that Oldguy may be exactly correct that Jimmy was given a break

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

that was a response to the typical police bashing from the normal minimal thinking crowd. I also acknowledged that Oldguy may be exactly correct that Jimmy was given a break

You mean the one post you didn't even respond to at first because you showed up to the thread with an agenda and obviously didn't read any of it, then tried to work backwards to make sure you got what you wanted? How noble.

On the plus side, you're probably closing in on a lesser known Mean Green Award: The 2014 Euless Knight Excellence in Social Media trophy.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 3

Along with Jimmerson's ridiculous charge, what's this crap with the Denton PD arresting people for disregarding a traffic control device or speeding 46 in a 30? I see that stuff every time I look in their police blotter. Are they trying to fill up empty bed space or what? 

Probabky more to the story in those cases, but like I said earlier the officer has to be able to ID a person before allowing a person to sign a citation.

I'm not certain, but if a person was arrested for warrants on their traffic offense then that may be the charge shown.

You can't arrest someone for speeding. That would have to be a traffic warrant because they didn't pay their ticket.

You mean the one post you didn't even respond to at first because you showed up to the thread with an agenda and obviously didn't read any of it, then tried to work backwards to make sure you got what you wanted? How noble.

On the plus side, you're probably closing in on a lesser known Mean Green Award: The 2014 Euless Knight Excellence in Social Media trophy.

I am a winner. Just like momma always told me.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

some times your card really is the 7 of spades...and through no fault of his own the one trick pony is redeemed

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

My most likely guess, and this is with no knowledge of Antoine, so please pardon me if I'm mistakenly pointing a finger, is that he was drunk in public, necessitating the cop bring him in to the holding tank for a bit, but not wanting to cite him with the more serious PI, they gave him a ticket for jaywalking.

This is the most probable scenario. I don't see how one gets arrested for jaywalking unless there are other variables involved. As it stands though, players don't get suspended for jaywalking. 

• Upvote 1

• Harry locked this topic