Mean Green Coaches Host Helmets and Heels Clinic

Lonny Watson

North Texas Mean Green head football coach Dan McCarney and his staff hosted the annual Helmets and Heels football clinic for women on July 30 at Apogee Stadium in Denton. The Helmets and Heels Clinic gave attendees a chance to learn the fundamentals, strategies, tactics and language of football from the Mean Green coaching staff. The event was held in the Apogee Stadium's Hub Club.

My wife said it was even better than last year's event.  She especially liked the portion where they went over the signals by the officials and had multiple choice answers.

She also mentioned that having the players there in uniform for pictures was nice and that the coaches serving them beverages was cool too.  She did feel a little sorry for the GA's that have to dance each year. 

Daughter and I had a great time (the UNT flats pictured are hers).  All the new unis look good in person.  I like that the whites have a little more color on them.  Denton's got talent was hilarious as usual.  Those GAs got some moves!

GMG!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

What was the attendance at this event?

Army of Mom's quick guess was 100 or more.

No mention of the ladies trashing the uniforms?

GMG

All the new unis look good in person. 

Army of Mom agrees they look nice in person, and the pics she sent me look better than what I've seen on here/AD tweets. 

Lonny's pics are more like what I saw. 

That doesnt address some of the style issues people are talking about, but the colors and the overall look are better in person or in the non AD pics.

• Upvote 2