Oddsmakers predicting 5 wins for UNT in 2015

Harry

Conference USA

Charlotte: 2.5 (over -130, under -110)

FAU: 5 (over -130, under -110)

FIU: 6 (over +110, under -150)

Louisiana Tech: 8 (over -115, under -125)

Marshall: 10 (over -120, under -120)

Middle Tennessee: 7 (over -105, under -135)

North Texas: 5 (over -120, under -120)

Old Dominion: 4.5 (over -145, under +105)

Rice: 7.5 (over -115, under -125)

Southern Miss: 4.5 (over +115, under -155)

UT-San Antonio: 2.5 (over -170, under +130)

UTEP: 6 (over -120, under -120)

Western Kentucky: 7.5 (over -110, under -130)

read more:  http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/25196379/dimes-releases-2015-college-football-win-totals

I see wins against SMU (they were really awful last year and seemingly have no QB just like us), PS (because we need to close the program if we lose), UTSA (because of their player losses), and UTEP (because I'm a homer and that trip sucked last season for me). Outside of that I see a lot of losses and very few chances at wins. I'm sad about my predictons but I'm hopeful that I'm completely wrong.

• Upvote 1

I see wins against SMU (they were really awful last year and seemingly have no QB just like us), PS (because we need to close the program if we lose), UTSA (because of their player losses), and UTEP (because I'm a homer and that trip sucked last season for me). Outside of that I see a lot of losses and very few chances at wins. I'm sad about my predictons but I'm hopeful that I'm completely wrong.

Nothing to argue with that theory.  Wish there was.  It's hard to fathom winning a C-USA road game based on our recent results.

Dickeys teams could win conference games on the road.  

​This is exactly my thoughts, as well. Mark down SMU and Portland State as wins, for now. I don't think we will beat both UTEP and UTSA, but its possible along with Southern Miss. Win two of those three and it gets you to 4. That's really it. I see the bodybag games being what they should be, the Rice, Marshall, WKU, La Tech, and MUTS being losses, as well.

As I posted earlier, I would GLADLY take 5 wins right now, just as I did in 2011 in Mac's first season.  The schedule is brutal at our stage right now. I think our ceiling is 5-7 and our floor is 2-10 (I hope)--3-4 wins seems reasonable, all things considered.

I will remain optimistic that we can win 6 games and be bowl eligible. I said it before that I think we could start the season 4-1. Of course, that would actually require us to win a game outside of Denton for the first time since 2013, but SMU should give us a great start. Then although we lost to UTSA and UTEP last year, we have them both on home turf this year. A 16-7 home record is no fluke, I think we can take those games.

It'd also be nice if we found a way to not get swept in that three-game road trip at the end of the season.

I will remain optimistic that we can win 6 games and be bowl eligible. I said it before that I think we could start the season 4-1. Of course, that would actually require us to win a game outside of Denton for the first time since 2013, but SMU should give us a great start. Then although we lost to UTSA and UTEP last year, we have them both on home turf this year. A 16-7 home record is no fluke, I think we can take those games.

It'd also be nice if we found a way to not get swept in that three-game road trip at the end of the season.

Boy Matt I sure hope you are right.  I'd take 6 wins in a heartbeat!

Boy Matt I sure hope you are right.  I'd take 6 wins in a heartbeat!