New Bowl Games official

The location of these bowls is much better than Hawaii and the Bahamas as far as accessibility and UNT's ability to draw a crowd. So, for that reason alone...I like them.

More of the "everyone gets a participation medal" attitude.

Everyone who wins half their games, no one is advocating 1-11, 2-10, 3-9, 4-8, 5-7 teams go to post-season yet somehow a bowl for a team that went 5-3 in CUSA is offensive and everyone getting a medal? MTSU finished second in the east and didn't get a participation medal.

• Upvote 1

Never been to Tuscon. Can anyone who has share if that is a potentially fun trip?

Cousin used to teach at Arizona Med School. She and her husband are outdoors people and liked it there but one of my uncles who lives in Phoenix asked how she liked living in God's Country. She responded that it wasn't God's country because God made green things.

• Upvote 2

Never been to Tuscon. Can anyone who has share if that is a potentially fun trip?

I'm really into food, and want to try out more there because they have WAY more locally owned restaurants than they do chains. There's still plenty of fast food and all, but everywhere I've been (and it's not much) has shown that most of the other (not fast food) ones are unique. I've mostly done day trips for business purposes though. If we get into a bowl game there I can help organize events and such since I'm only 2 hours away. My Moot Court partner (from UNT undergrad) went to law school at U of Arizona, so I can get a little bit more insight into what would be the best options if need be. Apparently, Trident Grill is one of the better booze-and-food joints according to him, so that's on my list if we do any game watching parties or whatever in Tucson, and if that happens this Fall season, then I can let you know if it's worth meeting up there.

Let's worry about getting enough wins first, then if we land in Tucson I'll help as much as needed. Most of my art-based events are in the spring and summer, and I make my own schedule now anyway, so if and when a Tucson bowl comes our way, I can practically be on-call to set up whatever you guys (and the rest of the alumni, students, etc.) need.