2015 MLB Hall of Fame inductees

---Glad to see several ..... Their odd election standards sometimes creates only one because of so many split votes ... ( I think zero once) . There should be a minimum of three each each year.. The NFL does have a minimum number I think..... The last time 4 were inducted was 1955.... or 60 years ago. Likely this occurred this time because of the negative opinion of so many players such as Sosa, Bonds, etc. that concentrated votes on fewer players.

---Glad to see several ..... Their odd election standards sometimes creates only one because of so many split votes ... ( I think zero once) . There should be a minimum of three each each year.. The NFL does have a minimum number I think..... The last time 4 were inducted was 1955.... or 60 years ago. Likely this occurred this time because of the negative opinion of so many players such as Sosa, Bonds, etc. that concentrated votes on fewer players.

Or it could have to do with the fact that three of the best pitchers not in Hall now became available on the same ballot and Biggio's votes had been on the rise for each of his three years on the ballot and he finally got in. It could actually have nothing to do with the steroid players.

Or it could have to do with the fact that three of the best pitchers not in Hall now became available on the same ballot and Biggio's votes had been on the rise for each of his three years on the ballot and he finally got in. It could actually have nothing to do with the steroid players.

Right. I think we've seen that the lack of votes for the roiders have nothing to do with those who are actually getting in. It's not like the sports writers are going to vote for someone else just to protest the roiders. I think they take their jobs much more seriously than that. Those who are getting in deserve to get in.

----I do agree with you ... they all are very deserving..... my "complaint" was that with so many available (and deserving) few can get the 75% vote to get in.... because the vote is split up too much ....there should be a min. number inducted...(3??) .. When the HOF was created decades ago only 16 MLB teams existed thus a lot fewer players to vote on and getting 75% was easier... it is tough now to get a 75% vote and a lot of deserving players are not inducted... I think you read into my statement something different than I intended.... All four deserve to be in .... and several more that have not been included due to the current rule but still get a majority vote for years. ....

--- It just seems a bit ridiculous that only one or zero gets inducted which has happened several times... I was in Canton (NFL one) this year talking casually to an official there and he had the same opinion.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

I think of Hall of Famers as all time greats and not just a current pretty good player. I like the higher vote threshold to get elected. By its very nature it helps keep out the pretty good players. Just because there are more teams and players doesn't mean there are more all time great players.

----I do agree with you ... they all are very deserving..... my "complaint" was that with so many available (and deserving) few can get the 75% vote to get in.... because the vote is split up too much ....there should be a min. number inducted...(3??) .. When the HOF was created decades ago only 16 MLB teams existed thus a lot fewer players to vote on and getting 75% was easier... it is tough now to get a 75% vote and a lot of deserving players are not inducted... I think you read into my statement something different than I intended.... All four deserve to be in .... and several more that have not been included due to the current rule but still get a majority vote for years. ....

--- It just seems a bit ridiculous that only one or zero gets inducted which has happened several times... I was in Canton (NFL one) this year talking casually to an official there and he had the same opinion.

Wasn't suggesting that you were didn't think they deserved to be in, just that I don't think that the steroid issue has cost others a shot. I like the 75% requirement as it only puts in the best of the best. Not sure that I would like a minimum number as leaner years would allow in some that would likely not get in otherwise. The 5% minimum to stay on the ballot addresses your other concern. Those that don't keep up a vote total are off and they don't take votes from others. I think the current system is fine.

I've always kind of held the opinion that you're either a Hall of Famer or you're not. If you are, you should get in the first time you're eligible. If Biggio wasn't last year, why is he this year? I say that to mean he should have been in last year, not that he shouldn't be in.

I understand literally "why" due to the 75% rule, just don't agree with it.

I've always kind of held the opinion that you're either a Hall of Famer or you're not. If you are, you should get in the first time you're eligible. If Biggio wasn't last year, why is he this year? I say that to mean he should have been in last year, not that he shouldn't be in.

I understand literally "why" due to the 75% rule, just don't agree with it.

Some writers feel like some guys merit the HOF more than others. They intentionally withhold votes from some guys so they're not "first ballot" guys, which, I guess, is more prestigious.

Alot of folks thought that's what the writers were doing to Bonds/Clemens their first year up, but it turned out to be legitimate contempt. Not looking good for those guys in the future.

Can't wait for next year to see the best player I've ever seen with my own eyes get in: Griffey Jr.