2015 home schedule "exceptional Circumstance?"

UNT90

A pretty influential alum stated that 2015 schedule was due to "exceptional circumstances." Lets examine this to see if it is true.

First, both SMU and Iowa were on the schedule as road games as of 2009. Tulsa was there as a home game for 2015 in 2009, but keep in mind that would have went away when we realized we were entering CUSA in 2012. So RV had two years to find a replacement.

RV seemed to indicate on the podcast with Harry that Tulsa LEAVING the conference somehow affected the OOC schedule. Hardly, as they were a CONFERENCE GAME.

But lets assume we are in a fantasy land and Tulsa leaving had something to do with it. Take a look at this:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/tulsa-announces-move-conference-191022455--ncaaf.html

And then this:

http://www.fbschedules.com/2013/05/north-texas-updates-future-non-conference-football-schedule-through-2025/

Now, go back and look at this post in 2012:

Well darn, I can't find it, but it was a listing of future OOC games from FBSfootballschedules.com in mid 2012 showing @ Tennessee as a future home game.

So, RV looked around for a whole month before plopping Tennessee down in that spot, ensuring a 5 home game season. I'm sure he did this because the amount of time left on the Tennessee contract was running out.

So, the "exceptional circumstances" were looking around for a month, not being successful, and throwing a game you needed to get played because you had a signed contract on the schedule.That is if you buy the crazy theme that Tulsa leaving our conference had anything to do with the 2015 OOC schedule. It didnt.

Pretty exceptional. For a 4th grader.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

What's going on with 2015 schedule? Is there an issue that UNT90 is trying to point out? Is this the first we are hearing about this?

Just making sure people stay informed, or maybe overly informed, about the terrible scheduling and the unbelievable excuses being throw out there by RV.

Expect just a little more.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Don't feed the animals.

There is much to be excited about the Mean Green and that is the world I live in. I know many others on this forum do to. 90 you could actually have an opposite affect and my friend it appears your played strategy is working.

Support the uniform. Support our men and woman. Live Mean Green.

GMG

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1. Roadies to Hattiesburg la tech Knoxville and Iowa.

2. Walking distance pre and post game parties smu weekend

3. Hungrier team after taking all those throttles in October

4. More pre home game camp outs at apogee

5. Tailgate enhancements

The team jury is still out and I will be disappointed if we don't bounce back. But I will let the season play out have a lot of fun doing it and not doom 2015 before we even celebrate Christmas.

GMG

• Upvote 2

1. Roadies to Hattiesburg la tech Knoxville and Iowa.

2. Walking distance pre and post game parties smu weekend

3. Hungrier team after taking all those throttles in October

4. More pre home game camp outs at apogee

5. Tailgate enhancements

"I love you sooooooo much."

-Rick Villarreal

But seriously….

We don't need an AD that makes the money this one makes while enjoying this odd form of AD Tenure to make those things happen.

No accountability necessary there.

Edited by TheColonyEagle