Greg Wesley

Harry

Everybody likes to lose, I mean the board of regents, they just ignore it. The President, he doesn't care. The culture around here is just so bad people will donate Hundreds of thousands of dollars and not be disappointed at all when we lose. Never complaining, we just blindly write checks so we can get to know regents, and go to a super secret room before games.

#itsallajoke

If people were donating "hundreds of thousands of dollars", we would have a whole lot better chance for success. One of the biggest challenges the UNT athletics program has always had is lack of support - both in dollars and butts in seats.

• Upvote 3

We praise in public, we criticize in private. I know what your answer is to this, and I respect it. Please recount the 16 year thing. I don't think that happens for three more years. Hired April 4th 2001. Please tell me a way right now to replace the high six figure payouts at both of those games? We are trying to roll a boulder here.

I quit traveling to those "games" until Texas this year. It is just brutal to take. Went to the Indiana game because I thought it was winnable. Kicked in the crotch again. It is not fun. We are going to schedule a lower tier school because that is what the football coach wants. Next year is an extraordinary event. It could not be helped. I have not heard one person make "excuses". The answer is "it is what it is". I am curious to see how this UAB thing works out. Because that is going to f up a lot of things for not just us going forward.

It's only extraordinary because RV MADE IT extraordinary. He is responsible for the pickle that we are in. I've been warning people for 2 years about it. He couldn't see and avoid it?

It is what it is because the AD has made it so. And no one seems to care.,

It is really discouraging to me to hear this from someone who has the ability to make a difference. How can Arkansas St. do it in Jonosboro and we can't get it done in the metroplex? You buy completely RV's excuses about a schedule that he put together? That it was unavoidable? Really?

And I got news for you. There is another 5 game home season right around the corner from 2015.

Please find me one other FBS athletic program with the dismal record of ours since 2001 who hasn't held their AD accountable. Just one.

How long does he get? 25 years? A golden parachute?

You are right about one thing. I am definitely "not in the know" and never want to be. What I hope you and others "in the know" understand is the public perception of this program is not good. The man who leads this program has had almost 14 years to fix it. He hasn't. He blames kids when he makes bad hires. It's excuse after excuse with very very few solutions.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2

If people were donating "hundreds of thousands of dollars", we would have a whole lot better chance for success. One of the biggest challenges the UNT athletics program has always had is lack of support - both in dollars and butts in seats.

Exactly. I know more people who have stopped supporting than started; that is the "culture" currently promoted by the scheduling and the results. But who cares?

• Downvote 1