Greg Wesley

Harry

Interesting. Frustrating to not even be able to know if he is even still on the team.

He is technically still in the team. It's not grade or basketball related and that's all we know. He may not be on the team as the year progress or we might see him suit up come conference play. That information is unknown at this point.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

I'm getting tired of Benford recruits never playing a single second at UNT.

This is not Benfords fault. Perhaps people should not comment on issues they do not fully know. We know it's not basketball or grade related and it's a personal issue that is taking his time. He was set to go this season when it started and then things beyond Benford or anyone on the teams control occurred. It should not matter what it is. Instead we should be hoping it's nothing serious and that we do see him suit up for UNT. It's looking like he may not but there is no need to blame anyone at this point.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

This is not Benfords fault. Perhaps people should not comment on issues they do not fully know. We know it's not basketball or grade related and it's a personal issue that is taking his time. He was set to go this season when it started and then things beyond Benford or anyone on the teams control occurred. It should not matter what it is. Instead we should be hoping it's nothing serious and that we do see him suit up for UNT. It's looking like he may not but there is no need to blame anyone at this point.

Benford signed 5 kids for his first fall signing class in fall 2012. 0 of them have played a single minute for us. That is his fault.
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Benford signed 5 kids for his first fall signing class in fall 2012. 0 of them have played a single minute for us. That is his fault.

That is on the coaching staff yes! They have been able to still bring in some good players. The topic here is Wesley and we do not know the circumstances here so not sure why people are blaming the coach for anything.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Because ultimately all things fall on the head coach.

Why would a players personal issues off the court be on the coach? For all we know he had a death in the family or has a serious illness. People really do not have a lot of room to aptalk and attach because we do not know any details. There could be hundreds of things that are keeping Greg away from basketball right now and we do not know.

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Why would a players personal issues off the court be on the coach? For all we know he had a death in the family of has a serious illness. People really do not have a lot of room to aptalk and attach because we do not know any details. There could be hundreds of things that are keeping Greg away from basketball right now and we do not know.

I get your point and you are completely right and probably being the most fair in this situation. But, I can also understand the few remaining fans who have seen a rather alarming trend with Benford and his recruits. So, this is yet another possible bust and just another 'thing' that Benford hasn't been able to manage well.

Whatever it is ( a kid?, health?, family?, legal?), I hope Wesley figures it out and is better for it. There are more important things than basketball and dealing with those things is important.

• Upvote 4

Well Andrew, you seem to be in the know. So please enlighten us. Based on Twitter, either his gma is sick, or he's got a baby momma. Needless to say, most have played through both (not saying either is easy) but both have been done before and will continue to be done. I'm just disappointed that yet another Benford recruit has yet to put on green and white and play for UNT.

• Upvote 2

Well heard hes not interested in playing basketball anymore. His personal issues are just flat out does not want to play at all. How do you deal with that as a coach. Thats why its not good for some kids to sit out for a year because other than class their interests go elsewhere. Hope its not true but....who knows these days who is telling the truth or not

• Upvote 3

....who knows these days who is telling the truth or not

I'm sure he was a locker room cancer. Just ask RV.

Benford's recruiting has been plain terrible. Hoping a change is FINALLY made at the end of the year.

I mean, he can only suck up to Ernie for so long, right?

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Everybody likes to lose, I mean the board of regents, they just ignore it. The President, he doesn't care. The culture around here is just so bad people will donate Hundreds of thousands of dollars and not be disappointed at all when we lose. Never complaining, we just blindly write checks so we can get to know regents, and go to a super secret room before games.

#itsallajoke

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Everybody likes to lose, I mean the board of regents, they just ignore it. The President, he doesn't care. The culture around here is just so bad people will donate Hundreds of thousands of dollars and not be disappointed at all when we lose. Never complaining, we just blindly write checks so we can get to know regents, and go to a super secret room before games.

#itsallajoke

RV has been here 16 years. Maybe people need to re-examine what they are getting for their money...

I refer to to Arkstfan's post in the UAB thread. Home and homes with Mizzou and Iowa St. We get Incarnate Word and excuses.

But, hey, we can always keep celebrating a 24 point blow out AT Georgia or a 26 point (?) blowout at UT.

I mean, it's what we do, no?

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1

We praise in public, we criticize in private. I know what your answer is to this, and I respect it. Please recount the 16 year thing. I don't think that happens for three more years. Hired April 4th 2001. Please tell me a way right now to replace the high six figure payouts at both of those games? We are trying to roll a boulder here.

I quit traveling to those "games" until Texas this year. It is just brutal to take. Went to the Indiana game because I thought it was winnable. Kicked in the crotch again. It is not fun. We are going to schedule a lower tier school because that is what the football coach wants. Next year is an extraordinary event. It could not be helped. I have not heard one person make "excuses". The answer is "it is what it is". I am curious to see how this UAB thing works out. Because that is going to f up a lot of things for not just us going forward.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1