Make no mistake

emmitt01

Two picks and overthrowing wife open deep routes is a problem, so he hasn't been anything close to "solid."

You mean like DT did ALL THE TIME as a RS Junior?

All things considered, I think DW is solid. Hey, his TD to INT ratio is looking pretty good right now. Solid Senior QB's make mistakes. Our RS Fresh is guaranteed to. He will be far from perfect, but he will be solid and formidable.

• Upvote 1

You mean like DT did ALL THE TIME as a RS Junior?

All things considered, I think DW is solid. Hey, his TD to INT ratio is looking pretty good right now. Solid Senior QB's make mistakes. Our RS Fresh is guaranteed to. He will be far from perfect, but he will be solid and formidable.

You are living off a one game sample, where DW's TD/INT ratio is 1-1 against Indiana's starting D.

There is some really foolish football talk going on right now about DW. The kid has talent, but he makes a lot of mistakes, as redshirt freshman tend to do (especially 3 star or lower recruits).

I'm sure a lot of you will be calling for him to be benched after a bad game, which is gonna happen this year (which would be equally stupid reactionary football thoughts).

But you keep on loving that 2 1/2 quarter sample that you have against a starting defense.

Edited by UNT90
  • Downvote 6

You are living off a one game sample, where DW's TD/INT ratio is 1-1 against Indiana's starting D.

There is some really foolish football talk going on right now about DW. The kid has talent, but he makes a lot of mistakes, as redshirt freshman tend to do (especially 3 star or lower recruits).

I'm sure a lot of you will be calling for him to be benched after a bad game, which is gonna happen this year (which would be equally stupid reactionary football thoughts).

But you keep on loving that 2 1/2 quarter sample that you have against a starting defense.

What are you talking about? IU did not put their backup D in that whole game. And last I checked, a game is 4 quarters.

It doesn't help your cause to manipulate the facts.

• Upvote 3

Back up d was in late in the 3rd. Even if I'm wrong about that (don't think I am), you are still comparing a one game TD/INT ratio to an entire season, and some are comparing it to an entire career.

That is just football stupid.

Edited by UNT90
  • Downvote 3

Back up d was in late in the 3rd. Even if I'm wrong about that (don't think I am), you are still comparing a one game TD/INT ratio to an entire season, and some are comparing it to an entire career.

That is just football stupid.

Well if we add all his games he has 6 touchdowns to 2 interceptions.

Well if we add all his games he has 6 touchdowns to 2 interceptions.

Yes, lets add mop up work against 3rd team defenses and a game against a high school team. We must feel better about ourselves, reality be damned!

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

Point is that having padded stats is still padded stats regardless of how bad, bad is. I just don't see how you can negate DW's performance at this point and then turn right around the next paragraph and ask if people if they are missing DT when DT played some gawd awful teams while at North Texas.

• Upvote 3