Alumni Pavilion

UNTeagle88

Hey '88! I manage the Pavilion for the Alumni Association and can assure you we have a blast on game days.

Some amenities of note:

Beer, Wine, and a big ass grill.

3 HDTVs showing the various games of interest during tailgating.

Clean Restrooms!

Misting towers for cooling down in the early season.

----

We're the slanted roof building just in between the TailZone, Gates 3 & 4, and the Pedestrian Bridge.

We typically open things up 3-4 hours before kickoff, so yeah, we'll be open by 8 AM on September 6th.

Come on out and say hey! I'll be the bearded one frantically running around.

• Upvote 6

Hey '88! I manage the Pavilion for the Alumni Association and can assure you we have a blast on game days.

Some amenities of note:

Beer, Wine, and a big ass grill.

3 HDTVs showing the various games of interest during tailgating.

Clean Restrooms!

Misting towers for cooling down in the early season.

----

We're the slanted roof building just in between the TailZone, Gates 3 & 4, and the Pedestrian Bridge.

We typically open things up 3-4 hours before kickoff, so yeah, we'll be open by 8 AM on September 6th.

Come on out and say hey! I'll be the bearded one frantically running around.

Translation...it looks like a jiffy lube or a Discount tire building.

Having said that, it is a very nice and utilitarian facility. Very open and roomy, and run by very friendly and competent people......... :)

• Upvote 2

The story I heard is that the pavillion was originally designed for the Lettermen's club, but they decided they didn't want it. Since it was already designed, it was offered to the Alumni Association, who then had to scramble for donations to get it built while the stadium construction occurred. Otherwise, it wouldn't have been built at all.

Chris can correct me if necessary.

• Upvote 1

So many of you have bits and pieces of the official story down and Stix has it closest, but it essentially boils down to this:

The designs were already there at least in the earliest drafts but the construction costs of all of the grounds and stadium were still in flux as construction began. Once the number crunching was complete, the UNTAA organized the donations it had at that time with a portion of leftover stadium funds to give us the Pavilion we have now.

But! It is still kind of an evolving facility (at least in my mind); an example being a slight plumbing overall I got going before last year's season started.

On expansions, we do wish to see three particular re-workings happen in the future:

1) get a structured awning over the current patio space on the Pavilion's West side.

2) build adequate storage on the North side. It does really ham tie us at times for the Pavilion's main event space to also double as its primary storage.

3) maybe rework the flood plain and egress from the Hill on the East side. The last few week's storms gave me quite some fun things to do afterwards.

This of course will cost a pretty penny, so whoever wants to step up to the plate...

----

Jason! We do still accept orders fro bricks! There's a pallet there right now filled with this year's order to be placed in next week. I myself have a special message in mind for my own...

----

And to whoever doesn't like the slanted roof, don't be hatin'. Leave that to Hatin' Ass Spurrier.

Edited by Christopher Walker
  • Upvote 2