We Have a DaMN State Top 100

Cerebus

The latest DaMN State Top 100 (DST100) has been updated to show Tee Gorree as the #16 WR and #96 recruit over all in the state.

As I've chronicled before:

DST Recruits:

This is Mac's 1st DST100

Dodge had 1

Dickey had 8

Simon had 2

Out of the 100 recruits on the list this year, 96 went to P5 schools. G5 schools were able to land:

North Texas: Tee Goree WR

Rice: Austin Walter RB

SMU: Daniel Gresham FB

Boise St.: Dylan Sumner-Gardner DB

If we want to get to the next level we need to add this type of recruit every year. I don't mean landing seven of them like TCU has this year, but even consistently getting one or two a year will be huge.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The latest DaMN State Top 100 (DST100) has been updated to show Tee Gorree as the #16 WR and #96 recruit over all in the state.

As I've chronicled before:

DST Recruits:

This is Mac's 1st DST100

Dodge had 1

Dickey had 8

Simon had 2

Out of the 100 recruits on the list this year, 96 went to P5 schools. G5 schools were able to land:

North Texas: Tee Goree WR

Rice: Austin Walter RB

SMU: Daniel Gresham FB

Boise St.: Dylan Sumner-Gardner DB

If we want to get to the next level we need to add this type of recruit every year. I don't mean landing seven of them like TCU has this year, but even consistently getting one or two a year will be huge.

Hmmmm. I thought people on here were complainy about Darrell Dickey's "stealth" recruiting. How could he be "stealth" by getting DMN Top 100s? Looks like everyone else was "stealth" except Dickey.

:whistling1:

Hmmmm. I thought people on here were complainy about Darrell Dickey's "stealth" recruiting. How could he be "stealth" by getting DMN Top 100s? Looks like everyone else was "stealth" except Dickey.

Two words: Kenny Evans

No one knew who we had until signing day...and in most cases who we were pursuing. That's stealth recruiting.

Edited by GrayEagle

No one knew who we had until signing day...and in most cases who we were pursuing. That's stealth recruiting.

There was a lot less media paying attention to recruiting, even the services that were around did not pay attention to a program at our level, and even the DRC was not actively trying to find out this information.

I assume if that media was around, we would receive about the same level of information we do now.

Where the this years DST100 went.

School with more than 1:

Baylor 9

Kansas 3

LSU 3
Notre Dame 3
Oklahoma 5
Oklahoma St 7
Oregon 2
Texas 14
Tech A&M 14
Tech Tech 7
TCU 7
UCLA 3
Schools with 1:

Alabama

Arkansas

Arizona St

Boise St

California

Colorado

Florida St

Kansas St

Minnesota

Northwestern

NORTH TEXAS

Ohio St

Oregon St

Purdue

Rice

SMU

Stanford

USC

These totals are from 2/1/14, they do not add up to 100 since some recruits are undecided.

I'm pretty sure he admitted that was his strategy, that he would get kids more or less to verbally commit and tell them to keep quiet about it until signing day. No, I don't have a link, as I'm going by my admittedly fallible memory.

SIAP, but Tee Goree cracked the Rivals Texas Postseason Top 100 for 2014. The last guy we had make that list was Riley Dodge 6 years ago in 2008, and before that was Jamario Thomas in 2004. That was 10 years ago. That makes Tee not just our third player in the last 10 years, but in the 12 years of the Rivals Texas Postseason Top 100 (dates back to 2003) we have only had those three make that list.

And he had crazy production on his way to leading Carthage to a state championship as a legitimate 6'2" barefoot (according to BigDanTeague) receiver. Again, whether you emphasize stars, rankings, film, offer list, high school production, or character most, this is a great class.