'15 DT Joseph Broadnax

BillySee58

Courtesy of Cooley. Wanted to make him a thread with his name so people can find it easier if they have an update.

Defensive tackle from Bryan Adams in Dallas. Listed around 6'1-6'2" and about 300 lbs. also has a TCU offer. An 89 rating on 247, 1 point shy of 4-star status for the stargazers out there.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/188955/joseph-broadnax

http://rivals.yahoo.com/texas/football/recruiting/player-Joseph-Broadnax-158626

http://247sports.com/Player/Joseph-Broadnax-38721

http://ucla.scout.com/a.z?s=12&p=8&c=1&nid=7514780

Highlights:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1524405/joseph-broadnax

We won't get him. Even if we're at the top of his list initially a "Big 5" school will swoop in to fill out their bench.

Probably. TCU will be tough to beat out even if it's just them. He's a lot like Chucky Hunter, and I'm sure the coaches will sell him on that and plenty more.

But still, making a good impression on him early on is worth a try. If he chooses to wait out the process, with the 25 scholarship per class cap, the bigger schools might be filled up. TCU already has 7 commits, so if he waits they could be filled up. Or any other big schools for that matter. Not saying that'll happen, but just more reason to make good impressions on these big time prospects, aside from them transferring if things don't work out at the big school.

He followed that up by saying he wished he'd gone to Ft. Worth today.

One thing Aggie recruits did a few years ago and TCU 2015 commits are doing now is blowing up other recruits twitter with an official hashtag for their recruiting class. Seems to be a growing trend in recruiting.

• 2 weeks later...

That comment was about TCU grabbing a target or commitment from us. Nobody took a shot at the Johnson kid! In fact, the whole damn board preferred Xavier Washington; as well as the coaching staff. (Despite saying this was their top guy) We did "pick" this kid off from Texas State. And, if we are short D-linemen again, we will probably pick off another kid from a smaller program. Happens every year to other programs by bigger programs. Never said anything about this kid or other kids I have not seen play. TCU raids us, Texas raids TCU etc. (just like other coaching staff's are raiding our staff)

I realize this is a pro UNT board where folks get pissed when the honest opinions and assessments of a few are expressed. We want to be lied to. We want to feel good. We want the star system to be in our favor. We want to dismiss it when its not. That system and poster's posts are opinions! It's shouldn't be a time to cry when someone didn't post glowing things about a recruit.

The kids are only 18. Their parents read the board and on and on and on. It is not being negative or taking shots at a recruit to post an opinion.

I've been on this board for a while now and don't ever remember blasting another poster because I didn't like what they had to say. If I ever decide to do that, I'm going to make damn sure I fully understand the context of their post. Yes, it is hard and tempting not to. Ex: Someone posted for Xavier to not sign with UH because "no one wants to go to school in the hood". I took exception to that but felt I just had to walk away for a minute. Anyway, I'd rather get the good, bad and ugly on a kid rather than the regular "excellent pickup" comment on every recruit we sign. I don't ever think I have seen a bad HUDL video on any kid in any sport. They all seem to impress. If any post of mine seems to offend anyone, please send me a message off line. It comes across cowardly to blast someone in an open forum. My view or slant may be different than others. I guess I don't have that PC thing down too well.

I had a friend (from NT) call me from Houston after the Rice game in which he attended. He blasted the players for over 20 minutes talking about how awful they were. This is a friend that I have begged to drive up for a football game. The same conversation I've had with most of my Dallas area friends/alums for years but still refuse to drive 40 minutes up to Denton. I have 2 adult sons who graduated from UNT but have not been back for a game. They've seen and experienced the product but refuse to believe it has gotten much better. Anyway, these are the guys you should be having issues with. They continue to be a hard sell. No reason the Cotton Bowl didn't have at least 50,000 DFW alums at the game. And by the way, I bought my tickets at the gate for $20 each. These tickets were given away to the community. One guy on the DART train after the game still had about 6 others that he told me he couldn't give away. While directing a rant toward a pro Mean green supporter for about 35 years, most alums aren't buying what we are selling. What would you rather have?

Lastly, I hope like hell Xavier gets homesick and we get another shot at him down the road. Has absolutely nothing to do with any other player. I don't have to be coy about anything I do or say. I can never be a fake. Poster or otherwise...

I apologize to others for my rant! lol

• Upvote 3

That comment was about TCU grabbing a target or commitment from us. Nobody took a shot at the Johnson kid! In fact, the whole damn board preferred Xavier Washington; as well as the coaching staff. (Despite saying this was their top guy) We did "pick" this kid off from Texas State. And, if we are short D-linemen again, we will probably pick off another kid from a smaller program. Happens every year to other programs by bigger programs. Never said anything about this kid or other kids I have not seen play. TCU raids us, Texas raids TCU etc. (just like other coaching staff's are raiding our staff)

I realize this is a pro UNT board where folks get pissed when the honest opinions and assessments of a few are expressed. We want to be lied to. We want to feel good. We want the star system to be in our favor. We want to dismiss it when its not. That system and poster's posts are opinions! It's shouldn't be a time to cry when someone didn't post glowing things about a recruit.

The kids are only 18. Their parents read the board and on and on and on. It is not being negative or taking shots at a recruit to post an opinion.

I've been on this board for a while now and don't ever remember blasting another poster because I didn't like what they had to say. If I ever decide to do that, I'm going to make damn sure I fully understand the context of their post. Yes, it is hard and tempting not to. Ex: Someone posted for Xavier to not sign with UH because "no one wants to go to school in the hood". I took exception to that but felt I just had to walk away for a minute. Anyway, I'd rather get the good, bad and ugly on a kid rather than the regular "excellent pickup" comment on every recruit we sign. I don't ever think I have seen a bad HUDL video on any kid in any sport. They all seem to impress. If any post of mine seems to offend anyone, please send me a message off line. It comes across cowardly to blast someone in an open forum. My view or slant may be different than others. I guess I don't have that PC thing down too well.

I had a friend (from NT) call me from Houston after the Rice game in which he attended. He blasted the players for over 20 minutes talking about how awful they were. This is a friend that I have begged to drive up for a football game. The same conversation I've had with most of my Dallas area friends/alums for years but still refuse to drive 40 minutes up to Denton. I have 2 adult sons who graduated from UNT but have not been back for a game. They've seen and experienced the product but refuse to believe it has gotten much better. Anyway, these are the guys you should be having issues with. They continue to be a hard sell. No reason the Cotton Bowl didn't have at least 50,000 DFW alums at the game. And by the way, I bought my tickets at the gate for $20 each. These tickets were given away to the community. One guy on the DART train after the game still had about 6 others that he told me he couldn't give away. While directing a rant toward a pro Mean green supporter for about 35 years, most alums aren't buying what we are selling. What would you rather have?

Lastly, I hope like hell Xavier gets homesick and we get another shot at him down the road. Has absolutely nothing to do with any other player. I don't have to be coy about anything I do or say. I can never be a fake. Poster or otherwise...

I apologize to others for my rant! lol

Wow. Sorry for what I perceived as a shot at us picking off Johnson, regardless of who he did or did not replace in our class. Not sure where the rest came from, but don't you think some of it might be slightly hypocritical?