Next Year's Bowl Season/Slate

CMJ

The thing that troubled me is the potentially earlier start time of the HOD Bowl...and the fact that it'll compete with the Cotton for at least some of its duration.

On the other hand, the "reading between the lines" implication that some bowls might leave the ESPN family and have NYD be like it was when I was a kid and there'd be Bowls all day on multiple channels (wouldn't it be great if FOX, CBS, and NBC had day games?) -- is very enticing.

No, it's at 11 Central according to the link.

Oh, I see it says that in the article.

No, this is for next year (2015). The article clearly states:

"The other three, however, will likely stay. The Heart of Dallas Bowl exists to give the Cotton Bowl stadium its traditional New Year’s morning slot. I think this will stay on ESPNU, though maybe bumped up to 11am ET."

Hadn't realized that the Cotton and Chick-Fil-A bowls had got into the national semi-final rotation.

I had heard rumblings that the Playoff gurus were gonna make the the Chick-Fil-A Bowl start using the Peach Bowl moniker (which I wish they had never quit using...new bowls can use corporate sponsors as their official names I guess...but not one as old as the Peach was!). But, it doesn't appear they have yet...since nothing official has been indicated.

Edited by CMJ