5th round of the playoffs

BillySee58

State semifinal round. Carthage, led by two of our wide receiver commits Tee Goree and O'Keeron Rutherford, remains as well as DeSoto, with Mean Green commits defensive tackle Shaq Jackson and injured d-end Johnavohn Graham.

DeSoto vs. Allen, Saturday December 13th, 2 pm at Mesquite Memorial stadium

- In a rematch of last year's state semifinals, two 14-0 teams fight for a birth in the 5A division 1 state championship game. DeSoto had a short week after surviving against Euless Trinity on Monday, while Allen has had a normal full week to prepare coming of their win on Saturday. Could possibly be a shootout where either who makes a big stop or who has the ball last wins.

Carthage vs. La Grange, Friday December 12th, 7:30 pm in Mansfield

- Carthage comes in hot, but will be playing 13-0 La grange, featuring offensive tackle Zach Ledwick, a Texas A&M commit. Winner advances to the 3A division 1 state finals.

I like Goree! If Mac doesn't play head games with this freshman to be he should start right away. I liked all their offensive skill guys. I think UTSA may have a steal in their QB. Rutherford is heavier than I thought. Another 15 lbs. And he will be good to go.

I also liked the RB for LaGrange. Good luck to these guys next week. By the way, Goree played every down on offense and defense. He was also their punt returner but may have only fielded one punt due to the wind.

I like Goree! If Mac doesn't play head games with this freshman to be he should start right away. I liked all their offensive skill guys. I think UTSA may have a steal in their QB. Rutherford is heavier than I thought. Another 15 lbs. And he will be good to go.

I also liked the RB for LaGrange. Good luck to these guys next week. By the way, Goree played every down on offense and defense. He was also their punt returner but may have only fielded one punt due to the wind.

See guys! I knew Cooley could say good things about recruits! :)

Just messin with ya Cooley. He definitely will have a chance to start. Harris will start in the slot again and Darvin Kidsy appears to have been groomed to start on the outside. The other outside starting receiver will be a competition between Darius Terrell, redshirting freshman Turner Smiley, and redshirt Sophomore Rod Lancaster who has been injured his whole career. If none of those guys separate themselves in the spring then Goree could easily come in and take it.

Regardless, he will see the field plenty freshman year.

See guys! I knew Cooley could say good things about recruits! :)

Just messin with ya Cooley. He definitely will have a chance to start. Harris will start in the slot again and Darvin Kidsy appears to have been groomed to start on the outside. The other outside starting receiver will be a competition between Darius Terrell, redshirting freshman Turner Smiley, and redshirt Sophomore Rod Lancaster who has been injured his whole career. If none of those guys separate themselves in the spring then Goree could easily come in and take it.

Regardless, he will see the field plenty freshman year.

I knew your were kidding. If I like a kid I will state that. If not, that maybe stated as well. In most cases, I will not comment on a kid that I have not personally seen. As you may have noticed, I never commented on Goree or Rutherford until last night. I'm not a stats guy or rating system person. These are useful tools in the absence of a first hand account. Not criticizing you but I try not to blow up a kid just because this is a UNT fan board. Some people want to be lied to because it provides hope.

I think part of the frustration with men's basketball is the expectation that the team should be much better because of our "superior" talent. JJ was a .500 coach in conference but got the team to play better during a 2-3 day stretch during the conference playoff. Coach Benford certainly deserves his share of the blame. Quite frankly, some of these guys aren't as good as what we read or their video clips. I just try to temper the enthusiasm a bit with my comments after seeing a kid. Of course everyone has their own opinion, which I respect.