CUSA all conference teams

GreenBat

Thanks for the backup, John. But seriously, in the words of the great Admiral Ackbar "it's a trap."

They're making silly statements saying Cyril didn't deserve first team. No need to argue why Lemon is better than Y'Barbo by pointing out why Y'Barbo, our own player doesn't deserve first team. That's what they did with Lemon, our own player, which is ridiculous. But you saw that too and gave them both their dues rather than bash one.

And them for Denton America to tell me if I asked the players who they thought was better, they'd say Y'Barbo, when I've definitely had that conversation with many of them and they said Lemon was the best on the team the last two years. Not by much, but I have heard the players' takes. Both are highly respected and acknowledged and it's sort of a 1A and 1B thing.

Still wasn't as ridiculous as the conspiracy that Lemon made first team because Mac recruited him and didn't recruit Y'Barbo.

But you have he right outlook like always John. Be glad both were so highly regarded, and realize that both will have great shots at being the two first-team all conference guards next year with Will Simmons of ECU graduating and likely headed to the NFL.

Now I know for a fact that is a lie. Nobody on the entire team would say Lemon was better than Fortenberry last year. At least, not anybody that actually saw the field.

And I find it funny that you think that Mac nominating the only O-Line recruit he's gotten that actually plays(Kirby was a walk-on) is such a far-fetched "conspiracy theory." That's how this stuff works. He's the coaches favorite because he was their recruit. That's just the way it is. Every coach does it.

Now I know for a fact that is a lie. Nobody on the entire team would say Lemon was better than Fortenberry last year. At least, not anybody that actually saw the field.

And I find it funny that you think that Mac nominating the only O-Line recruit he's gotten that actually plays(Kirby was a walk-on) is such a far-fetched "conspiracy theory." That's how this stuff works. He's the coaches favorite because he was their recruit. That's just the way it is. Every coach does it.

What do you mean "nominate"? In order to get onto one of the all-conference teams you have to be nominated? Wouldn't that mean he "nominated" Y'Barbo as well, since he was on the 2nd team? The league coaches voted. Don't you think they (especially the Western teams we played & Stockstill) saw enough of both to decide which teams to vote them onto?

Or do you think McCarney called them all up and said, "Hey, vote Lemon for 1st team because I recruited him and I want to look good... Oh yeah, and I guess vote for Y'Barbo if you like him... whatever."

Thanks for the backup, John. But seriously, in the words of the great Admiral Ackbar "it's a trap."

They're making silly statements saying Cyril didn't deserve first team. No need to argue why Lemon is better than Y'Barbo by pointing out why Y'Barbo, our own player doesn't deserve first team. That's what they did with Lemon, our own player, which is ridiculous. But you saw that too and gave them both their dues rather than bash one.

And them for Denton America to tell me if I asked the players who they thought was better, they'd say Y'Barbo, when I've definitely had that conversation with many of them and they said Lemon was the best on the team the last two years. Not by much, but I have heard the players' takes. Both are highly respected and acknowledged and it's sort of a 1A and 1B thing.

Still wasn't as ridiculous as the conspiracy that Lemon made first team because Mac recruited him and didn't recruit Y'Barbo.

But you have he right outlook like always John. Be glad both were so highly regarded, and realize that both will have great shots at being the two first-team all conference guards next year with Will Simmons of ECU graduating and likely headed to the NFL.

Billy Sierra, Ask someone who plays not your old hs buddy Connor Trussell. Ur info isn't correct on anything you've said.

• Upvote 1

What do you mean "nominate"? In order to get onto one of the all-conference teams you have to be nominated? Wouldn't that mean he "nominated" Y'Barbo as well, since he was on the 2nd team? The league coaches voted. Don't you think they (especially the Western teams we played & Stockstill) saw enough of both to decide which teams to vote them onto?

Or do you think McCarney called them all up and said, "Hey, vote Lemon for 1st team because I recruited him and I want to look good... Oh yeah, and I guess vote for Y'Barbo if you like him... whatever."

Here's how the all-conference teams work. They have a conference call. All the head coaches are on there. They basically go around saying "here's my guys that deserve to be on the all-conference teams. Lemon is the best lineman we have. Y'Barbo is next." The head coaches of the league don't have time to watch all of the tape to determine who the best players are. If you really wanted to know who the best o-linemen were, you'd ask the defensive line coaches for each team. But that's not how it works. The other coaches just listen to what you say about your guys and they go with what you say. I don't know why this is so hard to believe.

He did get screwed. He's far and away the best lineman on our team.

By all accounts, Cyril is "far and away" the best lineman on the team... for this year, Y'barbo should be second team. but next year, i expect to see 3 first team all conference O-linemen (Ybarbo, Lemon, Antonio). they are all really that good!!!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Who gives a "F"? They are both GREAT players for NT. It's a group of peoples opinion. How many of you broke down every game that a CUSA team played in? I bet the answer is ZERO. How many of you have read the grades for each game of any of the teams? Again, I'll bet the answer is ZERO.

All-Conference honors are nice things to put in a biography, but don't mean shit about how good of a football player you are.

• Upvote 2

All-conference teams are done by conference call and not by ballot?!

I'm sure there are ballots, but a lot of it is listening to who the coaches say are their best players and going off of that. Like I said, these coaches don't go back and watch all the film to determine who actually deserves it. That's why you have guys like Barrett Jones last year winning OL of the year in the country, when he wasn't one of the 3 best linemen on his own team. All coaches have favorites, even Lord Saban.

• Upvote 1

All the NT players were deserving, arguing about who is most; is questionable. No one can tell who is the best offensive lineman without a lot of effort. You would either have to do a lot of film study and have knowledge of the plays or have assess to the coaches internal ratings.

Another question, does anyone know what the requirements are to be named Honorable Mention? I assume a player has to receive at least one vote as well as being nominated.

I would assume Honorable Mention players are the ones that had vote totals just barely under those who got in. And as to who is on 1st and 2nd team...if it is done by ballot, I'd also assume that it works the same as other ballots, with the most points given for your #1, then one point less for #2, etc. So really when you look at who made which team, chances are it was the difference between a couple of people voting somebody #3 and somebody else #4, etc.