Mac and the QB

Wag Tag

A few points here.

1. In my opinion, a highlight tape is no way to judge which player is better.

2. Yes, Texas HS football is better than Colorado. And yes, I agree, our state cultivates as many great players as any state if not more.

3. However, in addition to more quality players, is it also possible there are more TX QBs in college/NFL than CO because of the sheer number of kids playing football in TX compared to CO? % breakdown would be very telling.

4. I do respect the opinion of everyone on the board whether I disagree or not

My overall point is I think it is a bit short-sighted to say that most all players tend to be better because they are from Texas as opposed to another state.

• Upvote 3

To judge his accuracy solely on highlight tape is like deciding how pretty a girl is based on her facebook profile pic. It's called a "highlight" tape for a reason, they put the best plays they make on it. It's not going to show the passes that hit the receivers in the feet or the picks. I like most others will reserve my judgement on his and the others accuracy when I see more of him. I did like what little I saw of him during the Idaho game though.

I also think the position is min Mac's to lose.

Mini Mac was taking 3rd team reps behind Dajon in practice before the Idaho game.

Who came in and actually threw the ball against Idaho? Not Mini-Mac.

As a matter of fact, Mini-Mac has been allowed to throw the ball in one game. Wasn't it the blowout loss to Georgia?

If Mini-Mac starts for us next year, we are in deep, deep trouble at the QB position.

• Upvote 1