Texas A&M Loses...but, there is more

Texas A&M not only lost to Auburn today, but Johnny Football got hurt on a keeper. Looked like a shoulder in the replay and with him on the sidelines. Wonder what A&M might so if Johnny Football is out for awhile?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

He got back in and scored. I don't wish injury on him, but I do just want him to go away. I doubt it'll happen any time soon, though. Hopefully he'll leave college ball, declare for the draft, and all of the coaches and owners will think he's too much of a tool to deal with and he can go back to golfing and drinking with his daddy. Nothing wrong with either of those things, I'd just rather he do more of that so that we don't see or hear from him again.

I know, "He's just an athlete," "It's all about the game," whatever. Give me some more coverage of Teddy Bridgewater, who works hard so his mom's sacrifices for him won't be in vain, or Jameis Winston, who works and studies really hard to be a good leader and example. Like it or not, kids look up to these guys, and the only good thing we could gain from another 10 years of Johnny Football is an example of what NOT to be. I hope for his sake that he comes around, but he's a spoiled little turd with minimal impetus to do so.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Tebow was a great college quarterback. Gino Toretta was a great college quarterback. Ryan Leaf was a great college quarterback.

Agree with you, but so was Peyton Manning, Michael Vick, Eli Manning, Troy Aikman, Eli Manning, Joe Montanna, etc., etc., etc.

A tad early to determine the fate of Johnny Football, but I prefer your Ryan Leaf analogy unless the kid does a 180 on that ego thing he has going. But, that's just me...seems to be fairly well liked by the Aggie faithful and, for now, I am guessing that is all that matters.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

He got back in and scored. I don't wish injury on him, but I do just want him to go away. I doubt it'll happen any time soon, though. Hopefully he'll leave college ball, declare for the draft, and all of the coaches and owners will think he's too much of a tool to deal with and he can go back to golfing and drinking with his daddy. Nothing wrong with either of those things, I'd just rather he do more of that so that we don't see or hear from him again.

I know, "He's just an athlete," "It's all about the game," whatever. Give me some more coverage of Teddy Bridgewater, who works hard so his mom's sacrifices for him won't be in vain, or Jameis Winston, who works and studies really hard to be a good leader and example. Like it or not, kids look up to these guys, and the only good thing we could gain from another 10 years of Johnny Football is an example of what NOT to be. I hope for his sake that he comes around, but he's a spoiled little turd with minimal impetus to do so.

When did you meet him? was it fun to hang out with him or was he too cocky?

When did you meet him? was it fun to hang out with him or was he too cocky?

Must one know someone personally to determine whether the things they say and do publicly via media and interviews are obnoxious and a poor example of how to conduct oneself? He might be nice to his friends and girlfriend and may love puppies but that isn't the example being showcased to the kids that are searching for someone to emulate, which is precisely what I'm talking about.

Must one know someone personally to determine whether the things they say and do publicly via media and interviews are obnoxious and a poor example of how to conduct oneself? He might be nice to his friends and girlfriend and may love puppies but that isn't the example being showcased to the kids that are searching for someone to emulate, which is precisely what I'm talking about.

Bro! He's 20 years old and he's just trying to live his life and have fun and stuff!

Nevermind that a myriad of other 20 year old football players who are in ESPN's spotlight appear to be pretty good guys without these off-the-field issues.

• Upvote 1

And we all know how the media doesn't try to slant anything to rein in more readers.

Tebow was a great college quarterback. Gino Toretta was a great college quarterback. Ryan Leaf was a great college quarterback.

The point he is trying to make is that great college QB doesn't mean great NFL QB. The reverse works as well.... Ever hear of Romo or even Brady in college? .... neither were drafted. A fair QB on a great team will look a lot better than he is ....... and a talented QB with a poor team won't look very good. Plus the talent of opposition is much better in the NFL and what works in college may not work in the NFL..

Plus there are some that may be pretty good but their work/study habits and intelligence (JaMarcus Russell) just won't cut it at the NFL level.