Brian Murphy Idaho Sportwriter expects Vandal turnaround

Harry

IDAHO WILL MATCH ITS WIN TOTAL FROM 2011 AND 2012 COMBINED

This might be the boldest prediction, but Im putting some faith in Petrino and his offense. The best chances for Idaho wins come at North Texas on Saturday, at Wyoming (Sept. 7), versus Texas State (Nov. 2) and Old Dominion (Nov. 9) in Moscow and at New Mexico State in the season finale on Nov. 30. Redshirt freshman QB Chad Chalich and the offense are going to have to score some points to reach three wins (thats how many games Idaho won in 2011 and 2012 combined), but Petrino has added speed and pizzazz on that side of the ball. Hes also added some optimism.

Read more here: http://www.idahostatesman.com/2013/08/25/2724673/bold-predictions.html#storylink=cpy

IDAHO WILL MATCH ITS WIN TOTAL FROM 2011 AND 2012 COMBINED

This might be the boldest prediction, but Im putting some faith in Petrino and his offense. The best chances for Idaho wins come at North Texas on Saturday, at Wyoming (Sept. 7), versus Texas State (Nov. 2) and Old Dominion (Nov. 9) in Moscow and at New Mexico State in the season finale on Nov. 30. Redshirt freshman QB Chad Chalich and the offense are going to have to score some points to reach three wins (thats how many games Idaho won in 2011 and 2012 combined), but Petrino has added speed and pizzazz on that side of the ball. Hes also added some optimism.

Read more here: http://www.idahostatesman.com/2013/08/25/2724673/bold-predictions.html#storylink=cpy

WOW, three wins, now that is what I call progress !

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Yes, that would be progress, after two years of malfeasance by a staff. We are at, or near rock bottom. Have you ever been there? Hint --- not too long ago according to the history books, my friend. I like this board and UNT, but my Lord, after what you guys are crawling out of, a few of you sure think you're the cat's meow for dominance and Ws. We will show up. We will put forth a good effort, I am sure. It will be worth your time houstonmeangreen, but you may have to hang around for most of the game. Here's to an injury free game and a contest that hones both teams for the next contest.

They believe that they will magically get to a bowl game this year despite showing little to no sign of improvement. They also think that they will somehow drop 50 points on your D despite only scoring 21 on a bad SWAC team until the end of the 4th quarter where they had to run up the score a little to not make the game seem so close. Their golden boy qb Berglund was supposed to be the star of the show but he turned out to be a bust and are stuck with Thompson for another year since anybody with half a brain can see that he's the best they got. They don't seem to understand that they are up against a Petrino. Both teams are awful BUT it wouldn't surprise me one bit if McCarney is completely outcoached by Petrino.

Be careful not to call them out on their hypocritical bs too much because they'll put you on double secret probation like they did me and a few others.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 6

They believe that they will magically get to a bowl game this year despite showing little to no sign of improvement. They also think that they will somehow drop 50 points on your D despite only scoring 21 on a bad SWAC team until the end of the 4th quarter where they had to run up the score a little to not make the game seem so close. Their golden boy qb Berglund was supposed to be the star of the show but he turned out to be a bust and are stuck with Thompson for another year since anybody with half a brain can see that he's the best they got. They don't seem to understand that they are up against a Petrino. Both teams are awful BUT it wouldn't surprise me one bit if McCarney is completely outcoached by Petrino.

Be careful not to call them out on their hypocritical bs too much because they'll put you on double secret probation like they did me and a few others.

tumblr_mgst7mWQEg1s1ly4go1_500.gif

• Upvote 1

Yes, that would be progress, after two years of malfeasance by a staff. We are at, or near rock bottom. Have you ever been there? Hint --- not too long ago according to the history books, my friend. I like this board and UNT, but my Lord, after what you guys are crawling out of, a few of you sure think you're the cat's meow for dominance and Ws. We will show up. We will put forth a good effort, I am sure. It will be worth your time houstonmeangreen, but you may have to hang around for most of the game. Here's to an injury free game and a contest that hones both teams for the next contest.

This might have to do with Harry having titled this a turnaround. 3 Wins would be progress, but not a turnaround. A lot of people on this board are talking about having standars and not allowing for them to be lowered etc. and would say that McCarney managed progress but not the turnaround until we reach at least bowl eligibility. So expect those people to think the standards are to low when people see 3 wins as a good thing. They would have said the same thing 3 years ago (no really, they would)

• Upvote 1

Joey, McCarney had to turn around 4 years of malfeasance by the previous staff, so we know where you are right now. But, with this being Mac's third year, we now expect to win a few and win some going away. We don't mean anything derogatory towards Idaho, but considering where your program has been the last few years, we expect to win big. Again, no disrespect intended, but most teams expected the same when playing us three years ago.

• Upvote 2

I have really enjoyed reading the posts from Vandals fans. Very respectful and good group. I (as most of us do) have high expectations for our teams. The pendulum is certainly returning for UNT, no qiestion. Here's to a great Saturday college football game in Texas! Go Mean Green and Geaux Tigers!!!

GEAUX TIGERS!!!

LSU by 30

• Upvote 1