Don January Golf Tournament

KRAM1

Had another great day participating in the UNT Letterman's Association Don January Golf Tournament at the Trophy Club yesterday. hats off to Matt Phillips and so many other UNT staffers, coaches and players who help to make this such a successful event each year. Beautiful weather, fun course and great folks made the day just about perfect...except, of course, for some of those wayward shots I hit!

It is amazing how much money this one-day event raises for UNT scholarships for our student-athletes. They announced at the post-tournament dinner that over $13,000 was raised on the "long-driving holes" alone this year. That is a new tournament record for this part of the tournament and is not part of the funds raised from players and sponsors.

Even got some great swag in including a way cool Scrappy head cover for my driver. I was very proud to be part of this event yesterday. So many great fans and supporters just having a great day on the course and doing something positive for UNT at the same time.

If you are a golfer, I would encourage you to play in this event next year if possible. It raises a nice chunk of change for the program and it is simply a lot of fun. Our Athletic department team does a great job of getting this event together each year and it shows!

Thanks to all who participated and sponsored. You are part of the solution! Hope to see everyone again next year along with some new faces.

FORE!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1