Who else is a softball fan?

The ladies open conference against FIU with a DH on Saturday, starting at 1:00 (second game starts around 3:00). Sunday game is at noon.

My estimate for crowd would be about 250 in the stands for most games, but there are probably 100 more that park along the outfield fence and watch from their pick up, car, etc. I have seen games where the stands are packed.

The team plays with grit and enthusiasm. I enjoy watching them and the game atmosphere is fun....lots of on-field banter.

If you get a chance, see Ashley Kirk pitch. She has this unique pre-pitch routine...a skip/hop to the back of the circle after the catcher returns her the ball, then a hard transfer of the ball from hand to glove as she moves to the pitching rubber. Does it every pitch. Love her attitude.

Ashley had 14 strikeouts in a game last weekend (the second or third time she has done that), not bad when you only have 21 outs to get.

The girls are getting the bats going, and coach is getting more pitchers into the game.

Hope to see you there.

GMG

• Upvote 1

The ladies open conference against FIU with a DH on Saturday, starting at 1:00 (second game starts around 3:00). Sunday game is at noon.

My estimate for crowd would be about 250 in the stands for most games, but there are probably 100 more that park along the outfield fence and watch from their pick up, car, etc. I have seen games where the stands are packed.

The team plays with grit and enthusiasm. I enjoy watching them and the game atmosphere is fun....lots of on-field banter.

If you get a chance, see Ashley Kirk pitch. She has this unique pre-pitch routine...a skip/hop to the back of the circle after the catcher returns her the ball, then a hard transfer of the ball from hand to glove as she moves to the pitching rubber. Does it every pitch. Love her attitude.

Ashley had 14 strikeouts in a game last weekend (the second or third time she has done that), not bad when you only have 21 outs to get.

The girls are getting the bats going, and coach is getting more pitchers into the game.

Hope to see you there.

GMG

250! That is great! Are we allowed to bring seat backs? I hope so... I have the back of an geriatric.

I see no reason you couldn't bring seat backs.

And from twitter:

DENTON, Texas (3/8/13) - Due to concerns about the weather, the North Texas softball team is moving up its Saturday doubleheader to 11 a.m. at Lovelace Stadium. The doubleheader against FIU was originally scheduled for 1 p.m.

The Denton area is expected to receive heavy rain on Saturday afternoon. The Mean Green is hoping to get at least one game played, starting at 11 a.m. North Texas is still scheduled to play on Sunday at 12 p.m. The two teams may play a doubleheader on Sunday, depending on Saturday's outcome.

Please check back with meangreensports.com and @MeanGreenSB on twitter for future updates.

GMG

I'm not necessarily a softball fan, but do follow it per my job. The UNT team is starting to show signs of vast improvement. Of course, once they get any recognition, the coach will leave and the program will be in the shi*&ter again.

Sorry for the negative waves.