We are gonna be REALLY embarrassed

emmitt01

Although I started the season leaning toward supporting managment (coaches) over workers (players), I a beginning to accept that I am not smart enough to figure out which is the root cause. From what I have witnessed so far, neither is turning out to be much to brag about. Therefore, I am willing to part with BOTH Tonys at the end of the year if the team results don't improve by the end of the season. I have been extremely disappointed in the results produced from BOTH Benford and Mitchell so far. #theyhaveBOTHsucked #andthrowCJintherealso

I expected these guys to be our leaders, not our dead weight.

Yeah, that teflon coat on some is starting to break up a bit from my point of view. Hope that thing does a 180 ASAP.

From the outside looking in I see a negative attitude coming from the players. I just can't believe that Mitchell would be scoreless in a game. I don't think the players have bought into Bedford's system[ I don't have a clue what it is],nor like and respect him,hence the number of suspensions.Granted he has had a number of injuries,and inherited no outside shooters,but I think at the end of the day Bedford was a bad hire.Conformation of that will be if you see players transfering out of our program instead of transfering in as they did under Johnny.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Which game? Been to all the home games (have you?)...watched others on TV and/or internet. As I recall...lots of folks have opinions about this without ever attending a game...home or away. Seems to not matter to them...why do you ask?

FIU is the one i reference. I've been to all of the home games sans a couple this year because of prior commitments, and will miss at least 1 more due to another. Went to them all last year.

I've watched the MTSU, Creighton and WKU games. I think there may have been one or 2 more that have been televised on ESPN 3.

I ask because I'm usually not able to judge effort if I am not there. Since you were talking about effort, I thought you could have shared what you saw.

There is no way anyone here can absolve the players of poor effort. There might be reasons/things on and off the court that may be having an affect on their game on any given night. Who knows?

I think it was John Wooden who said, "I can teach effort or I can teach basketball, but you guys pick which one because I can't teach them both." I think we are struggling with both right now.

• Upvote 2