Vito update on DT Charles Walker

Harry

Myself and the wife are headed out of town for the weekend for a well-deserved break (well, at least I think so).

But before we bolt, here is a quick recruiting tidbit.

Charles Walker is still one of the interesting stories to follow so far in recruiting. The big defensive tackle who qualified late is blowing up. Nine teams have offered now, including Iowa State.

Read more: http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/2012/12/quick-recruiting-note-on-the-way-out-of-town.html/

Myself and the wife are headed out of town for the weekend for a well-deserved break (well, at least I think so).

But before we bolt, here is a quick recruiting tidbit.

Charles Walker is still one of the interesting stories to follow so far in recruiting. The big defensive tackle who qualified late is blowing up. Nine teams have offered now, including Iowa State.

Read more: http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/2012/12/quick-recruiting-note-on-the-way-out-of-town.html/

So, you're saying there's a chance?

GMG

• Upvote 1

If we get this DT that would be awesome. Why would you want to go to Oklahoma? That is the butthole of America. There is also a higher chance of having a tornado in the spring. I hope Charles reads this, and changes his mind about visiting OU.

Edited by jtm0097
  • Upvote 1

OU has a DT from Florida coming in for a visit this or next weekend. Supposedly OU wants that kid ahead of Walker and only have one more spot at DT. This may be why Walker has an offer but no commitment.

If Walker were to see this , I would simply say; do you really want to sign with a program where you are a contingency plan? Really? Wouldn't you rather be a part of a program that desperately needs you and where you would have the opportunity to play right away? Your choice, kid. I hope you make the right one.

• Upvote 1

As I understand it, when OU started sniffing on Walker after he made the grade his rep blew up nationally. So even if Walker doesn't land at OU he will likely have a laundry list of schools after him.

So you have to think its a long shot to land him at this point. The only wild card in this is his surgery and the effect it could have on his status.

As I understand it, when OU started sniffing on Walker after he made the grade his rep blew up nationally. So even if Walker doesn't land at OU he will likely have a laundry list of schools after him.

So you have to think its a long shot to land him at this point. The only wild card in this is his surgery and the effect it could have on his status.

All true. Just gotta hope that Mr. Walker sees the value we have in him as our coaches were recruiting him steadily even while he didn't have his scores. UNT has faith in you Mr. Walker!

UNT is a great school and it's far enough away from home that you have your freedom, yet still close enough for family & friends to come see you in Apogee 6 weekends a year!

Oh yeah, and if the NFL is your end-goal, ever heard of Mean Joe Greene? You can get there by going through UNT Mr. Walker. Hope to see you in Green next year!

Hopefully, our dedicated recruiting when others passed him by will pay dividends.

OU is the big one. Every other big school offer is a long way away. Maybe Walker wants his family to be able to see him play on a consistent basis.

If LSU offers, we are done, but if OU fills up, I like our chances against the rest of the field.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Charles-Walker-132243

http://247sports.com/Player/Charles-Walker-17631

Call me crazy.

Edited by UNT90

Mr walker, good luck on your difficult decision. Just know that I am personally praying to baby Santa-Mac-jeebus that he brings a large an tenacious dt or 2 into the mean green family. I don't think any ou alum is willing to do that for you to go there. They would take you for granted and not appreciate you fully the way that I and the rest if the mean greeners would.

• Upvote 3