HC Crowd

NT91

You HAVE to let the students do their own thing. I'll admit that one could go without adding the MFing in the Fight Song but at the same time, it's not the biggest problem in the world. Whorn says "give em hell give em hell, make em eat shit" in their fight song and nobody complains.

Point being, as others have mentioned earlier in the thread, if you take your kids to a college football game, unless it's BYU, there's going to be drinking and partying going on at tailgate. Parents take children to UT, Bama,West Virginia, Boise, etc. games all the time and none of them complain about what posters here are complaining about.

Cannibalizing and demonizing students will only lead to destruction. Embrace them, don't push them away.

After seeing the way the alumni treat students on here, I can't blame you for leaving and feeling unwanted.

I turned down Tech, A&M and UH to come here. If this is what I have to look forward to after I graduate, I made a terrible decision.

Stormchaser, me and many other students have been ran out of here by overzealous alumni.

Edited by meangreener
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

After seeing the way the alumni treat students on here, I can't blame you for leaving and feeling unwanted.

I turned down Tech, A&M and UH to come here. If this is what I have to look forward to after I graduate, I made a terrible decision.

Stormchaser, me and many other students have been ran out of here by overzealous alumni.

I didn't leave because I felt unwanted. I love UNT and could never hate it but the general attitude of GMG has to change. Yeah, i understand the fan attitude has no direct impact on the team but it most certainly does on the culture. I understand that the alumni went through decades of failure, futility and pessimism and I commend them for sticking it out, but they have to understand that there's a new generation who doesn't know about all of those things. At the same time, New generation has to keep showing up and embrace UNT, not Whorn, not Aggy, not UH and so on. I honestly would love to see the day when elementary schools kids are playing football at recess and pretending to play for the Mean Green. Kids talking about UNT, there is so much potential for Denton and UNT. The only thing it needs is a spark to start the fire.

Old guard and new gen can co-exist and move forward which has been proven to be possible by many many schools across the country but they should at least meet each other halfway.

Edited by Cougar King
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Back on the attendance issue. From the club level during the game, you could see hundreds of people among the various tents in the field south of Victory Hall - just like at Homecoming last year. I suspect most are various alumni groups from the various departments, but why can't those be scheduled so they are not in conflict with the game. Just getting those plus the Greeks partying on the hill, a lot of Apogee seats would have been filled.

I didn't leave because I felt unwanted. I love UNT and could never hate it but the general attitude of GMG has to change. Yeah, i understand the fan attitude has no direct impact on the team but it most certainly does on the culture. I understand that the alumni went through decades of failure, futility and pessimism and I commend them for sticking it out, but they have to understand that there's a new generation who doesn't know about all of those things. At the same time, New generation has to keep showing up and embrace UNT, not Whorn, not Aggy, not UH and so on. I honestly would love to see the day when elementary schools kids are playing football at recess and pretending to play for the Mean Green. Kids talking about UNT, there is so much potential for Denton and UNT. The only thing it needs is a spark to start the fire.

Old guard and new gen can co-exist and move forward which has been proven to be possible by many many schools across the country but they should at least meet each other halfway.

Whoa!

Looks like someone may have hijacked CougarKing's account. He is speaking too kindly about UNT.

• Upvote 1

I have no idea who you are, but you have made two ridculous posts in this thread, and since you are a young man still, I'm gonna hope that one day you will look back at this thread as an example of tolerating stuff in your 20s that aren't so easy to tolerate when you are 40+ or when you have young children. Trust me, my 7-year old isn't going anywhere near a tailgate, but if we pass one on our way to the car or the stadium, having to explain words that he doesn't normally hear isn't funny nor fun, even if you are in the mindset that cussing kids are freakin' hilarious.

To put it another way, how would you like for your tailgate to be next some bible-thumpers that are blaring Christian music next to you and praying extremely loud as you and your pals are trying to drink and have a good time? If you tell me that it wouldn't bother you, you are lying through your keyboard. In other words, it all goes both ways with stuff like this.

• Upvote 5

Don't even bother anymore. The super parents will come on here and say that hearing profane rap on the hill and seeing drunk college kids is going to somehow harm their child's development.

How do you solve the problem?

Don't bring them to a college football game if you don't want them to experience college life.

Yeah because, you know, we are so full to capacity on the Alumni side. We really should start turning away families with kids. :rolleyes:

Anywho - if you enjoy cussing and whatnot - nobody can really MAKE you quit I guess. So, enjoy! :wacko:

• Upvote 1