This is Cow Poo

UNTstormchaser

And what I'm referring to is the amount of negativity on this %^&* site. I'm going to be candid and speak my mind here, for 2 reasons. One, I'm drunk. Two, I don't really care if this gives me a warning post or a boot off the board entirely, as I have a life outside of here, and could just make a new account under a new email and no one would know the difference anyways. So, here we go.

Look, I'm new here, and to Mean Green nation. Though I know about the years of crappiness that you guys have been through, I haven't personally experienced it, nor do I totally understand how it felt. I get that.

What I do not get is how one game is having everyone go into %^&* panic mode. Look, we lost last night 44-21 to a better team. This is a team that was one win away from a BCS %^&* BOWL LAST YEAR. I don't care that they lost to TSSM, I don't care how pathetic their D looked in the other early games, I don't care about any of that. This was a team with a new head coach, a new QB, new receivers, new system, etc., that had their best player, Mr. RB Sims, not at full strength. It's easy to see how a team like that, a team that probably came in with too much confidence this season, lost their season opener to a team that was playing it's first FBS game and was prepared to give it 150% that first game. It doesn't take a genius to see that.

It also doesn't take much to notice that we probably weren't as good as our 5-7 record last year indicated, and that we (including myself) were getting wayyyy too cocky with how well we played in LOSSES. That being said, the two teams we've beaten this year are FAU and Texas Southern. The four losses were against Houston, LSU, Kansas State, and Troy. Outside of the Troy loss, which was easily a winnable game (and in fact a game we SHOULD have won), these are 3 teams that are much, much better than we are. We should not have expected a different result than what we got. The 2 wins came against teams that we are better than. We should have expected to win, and we did. So, why the negativity??? Because Houston got upset week 1?? Please, for the love of sweet %^&*, stop applying transitive properties to football, and sports in general. THEY DO NOT WORK. The sample size of ONE GAME is far too small to draw from. Over a period of time, yeah, you can come to a conclusion. But not over one game. One does not need to look farther than this NFL season and the slew of examples we have been given. Do any of you guys actually think the Cardinals are better than the Patriots? Fuck no they aren't, and that's why they lost to the damn Rams this week. If you apply transitive logic, the Rams should destroy the Patriots and shut them down offensively. That isn't going to happen 99 out of 100 times, obviously. Football is amazing because of the variables that come into play. If the better team always won and nothing ever differed from that, the game would suck, and we all know it would.

I'm going to make a final point here. Under McCarney, we are now 7-11, with a 5-3 record at home. I am going to go ahead and assume that absolutely every single %^&* one of you that are being so negative right now, would have called Mac a wizard and a genius had you been told that he'd have a 7-11 record and a 5-3 home record at this point, had you been told that immediately after the 2010 season. Give the man a chance to recruit for 4+ years, a chance to work out the kinks and get the guys HE wants for HIS system into place, before we start judging him. Remember, he's essentially playing with Todd %^&*$ Dodge's recruits right now, and doing all he can to make a respectable team out of them. Anyone who thinks he hasn't done a good job to this point is a %^&* challenged person.

And I am done. I love you all, and have loved my time on this site. I'll be back under a pseudonym at some point in the future, since I'm probably going to get %^&* banned for saying %^&* so many fucking times, though none of you will know that it's me, so I don't even know why I'm bothering to give you that promise. I look forward to going down in history on this site as the fastest to leave this place, and I really look forward to being apart of the future that remembers UNTstormchaser as the drunken liberal atheist who called for peace, pissed everyone off by defending guys, and then left a curse-infested goodbye to all of you.

Go Mean %^&* Green.

Edited by Harry
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

This should end well.

Indeed it should.

Also, as a reminder to everyone, Todd Dodge went 6-37 here. Mac is 7-11. %^&* if you think that he's done a bad job with Dodge's players.

• Upvote 1

Pure class.

Damn right man. I'm the epitome of class. I swear, and I defend equal rights for all.

• Upvote 1

I hope you have lost any and all ex-girlfriend's phone numbers.

They all sucked, no point in trying to go back to any of that. Besides, they all live 1500 miles from me. I may be drunk and stupid but I'm not stupid and desperate.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Give the man a chance to recruit for 4+ years, a chance to work out the kinks and get the guys HE wants for HIS system into place, before we start judging him. Remember, he's essentially playing with Todd fucking Dodge's Darrell F'n Dickey's recruits right now, and doing all he can to make a respectable team out of them. Anyone who thinks he hasn't done a good job to this point is a fucking retard.

I believe several posted this same thing in 2009.

So much fun to be had here (too bad the lock is coming at any second).

• Upvote 1

I love your sig about uniting as one. We're so small time, all we do is bicker.

Yeah, isn't it so sad? All we really do as a fanbase is sit and bitch at each other about how much our QB that TODD %^&* DODGE RECRUITED sucks, and that we need to make a change in our coaching staff. Really? We do? Again? Pretty sure this one is a major upgrade.

Boise State didn't become a national title contender over night.

• Upvote 1

I believe several posted this same thing in 2009.

So much fun to be had here (too bad the lock is coming at any second).

The difference is Dickey actually won. He had a couple of crap years and was deservedly fired, but Dodge was and is worthless as a college head coach.

• Upvote 2

Except for those who disagree with you over something as trivial in life as a college footballl game, then you go nuclear..

right?

Oh this isn't nuclear. This is how my generation speaks when they have a point to make. Get used to it my fellow Mean Green lover, because in 30 years, %^&* will be all over the news.

This place is the cesspool of our fan base. I admit I overreacted, but yeah this place sucks. Why do you think every few weeks someone comes then leaves? Hell, we even chased off our sports reporter from here. There's a freaking anti-GMG.com for the love of God.

Dude, don't get all high and mighty. You were on here earlier saying our players are horrible and our team sucks. You run yourself off, don't blame others.

I respect stormchaser's post although I could do without the f bombs and other assorted cuss words.

• Upvote 1

I regret posting my thread, but I was just so pissed off. Anyway, yup, small time fan base. Our current base of young alumni and students are changing, eventually we'll get past this small time mentality that permeates this place once people grow up a bit.

Edited by meangreener
  • Upvote 1

Better be drinking Grey Goose bro.

Unfortunately, you take what you can get when you're under 21, and Grey Goose isn't happening in Denton County.

The High Life is where it's at right now.

• Upvote 1

Unfortunately, you take what you can get when you're under 21, and Grey Goose isn't happening in Denton County.

The High Life is where it's at right now.

Oh, you're under 21? Well, then you're a stupid kid according to these guys. Just wait until they start attacking your personal life. "Maturity."

Edited by meangreener
  • Upvote 1