Very disappointing loss

Harry

This is Darrell Dickey football.

One of two things happened tonight:

1. Dan McCarney is a terrible football coach (whoch I don't believe is true), or;

2) McCarney understood that he was nit going to win this football game and did everything he could to shorten the game.

8 and even 9 in the box, bit yet a dogged determination to riun the ball on 1st down. Mac knew they were loading the box, even said so In an interview. Knew they were going to do it. Yet, refuses to pass the ball on 1st down.

That is a coach who has zero confidence in his quarterback and his receivers.

This thing is headed for a Dodge-like 3-9.

Ready for basketball season.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

This thing is headed for a Dodge-like 3-9.

The wizard of Southlake never reached such lofty heights. That said, I kept looking for him on the sideline tonight, because the team pretty much played like they had a "football plan."

This is what I hope I see. Much more complicated, actual college level schemes, that certain holdover players are physically incapable of executing. It's all gonna be about recruiting. Get us some kids with size and speed, we might turn the corner. I have no idea. I'm glad that tonight was not the night I picked to stop drinking, and that I stocked up on a metric ton of cheap Trader Joe's beer yesterday.

Enough of the excuses and finger-pointing. Yes, DT is not the best QB, but NO, he is NOT the reason why we stink as a team. The reason is because we have a huge lack of depth and, to be honest, our coaching staff is good, but sometimes I scratch my head with the play-calling. I think that happens when there is an important lack of depth and coaches don't trust certain plays and go conservative throughout.

Edited by bleedgreen4ever

The wizard of Southlake never reached such lofty heights. That said, I kept looking for him on the sideline tonight, because the team pretty much played like they had a "football plan."

This is what I hope I see. Much more complicated, actual college level schemes, that certain holdover players are physically incapable of executing. It's all gonna be about recruiting. Get us some kids with size and speed, we might turn the corner. I have no idea. I'm glad that tonight was not the night I picked to stop drinking, and that I stocked up on a metric ton of cheap Trader Joe's beer yesterday.

How long do we keep sitting around saying Mac will bring in kids with size and speed to turn things around? The playmakers on this team are dodge holdovers and walkons....

Well, just a disappointing game. On the positive side, more receivers are getting the ball, and Jeremy Brown is getting better all the time. Still, what happened to our defense tonight?

Hey, rain or shine, I'll be there for a week from Tuesday night, will take some vacation time and know I'll have a good time with good friends. I'm wanting 3 aspects of the game to show up that night, and...Go Mean Green.

Yes. I thought that we'd understand that a rhythm based, 4 and 5 wide offense is harder to run when you disrupt routes. I thought we'd blitz more. If we are gonna get blown out let's at least let our kids COMPETE mano a mano.

I agree but if you don't have the guys to do it you can't. Would love to press the WRs and allow a pass rush but it's not a perfect world. We don't have the cats.

I agree but if you don't have the guys to do it you can't. Would love to press the WRs and allow a pass rush but it's not a perfect world. We don't have the cats.

If we try to press and they blow past us I think fans can stomach that. The slow death of pitch and catch and the occasional missed tackle fir a long gainer is harder to stomach.

• Upvote 1

If we try to press and they blow past us I think fans can stomach that. The slow death of pitch and catch and the occasional missed tackle fir a long gainer is harder to stomach.

+1, and pretty much what I was thinking. If they're scoring on every possession without pressing, what's the point of playing conservative defense?

If I know I don't match up well with the opposing WRs I'm doing everything go keep them in front of me. If I have the cats to press I do if. If not you are forced to play zone. It is what it is.

Translated: I'm sure I'm going to get whipped either way.... But at least this way I have an excuse.

Ugh.

How many classes has Coach Mac and staff brought in? This is year two of a rebuilding process with one of the youngest teams in the nation. While I am thoroughly disappointed with tonight's game, I also realize that Dodge's JUCO heavy class has hurt the current team. Honestly, I thought next year would really be our year for the turn around to take hold, but our performances against LSU and KSU raised expectations. We will be fine, and I have faith Mac has us headed in the right direction.