Denton/Tarrant Border War/Why Didn't Parker County

Then the, uh, "honorable?" Tom Vandergriff and his fellow Tarrant scoundrels had this county line dispute put in one of THEIR Tarrant County district courts and had the decision (surprise!) over-turned in their county's favor.

I live in Parker County and wonder how Parker County court officials feel about the fact that Tarrrant officials basically threw pie in their faces with an insinuation to Parker County officials that their decision in favor of Denton County was not worth of jar of warm spit; but the decision ruling in favor of Tarrant County in a Tarrant County court was.

Anyone know what is happening with all this as of the present? I think if I were living in Denton County I would feel a bit bullied byTarrant County to be quite truthful.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Denton county is still fighting and and they now have the backing of Flower Mound mainly due to a new business park going in along Grapevine Lake. If Tarrant County manages to weasel out a decision then taxes in the areas will Triple, causing businesses and developers to look elsewhere. It is all about money with the land valued at 1.6 Billion in the near future. Tarrant is pretty sick in their insinuation that the they are only trying to get the land that is theirs even though the line has been the same for 150 years, go figure.

It will be a nightmare if the TX Supreme Court upholds the corrupt/bias decision especially for my area of elections and for any towns involved. mad.gif

Fort Worth and Tarrant County has had that attitude for a long time. As soon as Ross Peort, Jr. announced the building of Alliance Airport, Fort Worth ribboned their city limits past Keller so that they could get tax revenue. That city limits included a portion of Denton County so Fort Worth, while in the center of Tarrant County, now extends into a second county. Of course, Dallas extends into Collin County as well but that was by invitation and not to gather tax revenue from a major entity. They did ribbon out and rim Lake Ray Hubbard though (and that was NOT by invitation) to ensure a porttion of their water supply and now they won't clean up the shoreline. So far, they haven't tried to change any county lines.

Fort Worth did the same thing years ago with an airport that they tried to pawn off as the DFW airport, except that the entire airport sat within the Fort Worth city limits. Fort Worth and Tarrant would have received all of the revenue from airport operations. That one backfired on them to an extent although they were able to sell American Airlines to use the airport as a training school and eventually corporate headquarters. I'm sure that they've more than recovered that investment. So even when they lose they seem to find a way to win.

Ft. Worth is just as bad as Tarrant County they snaked their way up 35 all the way to TMS and are taking all of the tax revenue there, also they have a rather large Housing Development building up at 156/114 corner. Should be interesting to follow and I hope Trophy Club and Roanoke will join in the battle and support Denton County and the lower taxes.

Will be interesting to watch the decision play out at the Supreme Court.

I live in Trophy Club and the town is vehemently opposing Tarrant County in this battle for land. Although it wouldn't effect me one way or the other, I have friends that would see not only their tax rates increase, but also their homeowner's and auto insurance rates.

Why Denton allowed Ft. Worth to annex TMS into their city limits, even though it is in Denton County, is beyond me.

Denton did not have much say in the matter with regards to Ft. Worth swiping up land way outside of their city center. They can do what they choose in order to steal money from the county and put it into their coffers. There are very few who want anything to do with Fort Worth, which makes me wonder why people would want to move into the Harriett Creek Subdivision going across from NW ISD.

Hopefully a judge will see that there is only greed involved and tell Tarrant County to back to their own lands. mad.gif

Denton did not have much say in the matter with regards to Ft. Worth swiping up land way outside of their city center. They can do what they choose in order to steal money from the county and put it into their coffers.

Not sure I understand why Denton wouldn't have any say in a city from another county coming in and taking land. I do know that Ft. Worth is upsetting alot of people with their annexation of unincorporated areas of Tarrant County though.

Trophy Club has just agreed to assist in the fighting of this modern day border war.

Fort Worth was technically well within the law to annex all the land as long as their city limits at the time did touch the land, also they have home-rule. The county at the time (run by a bunch of good ol boys : Kurt Wilson and Scott Armey) saw $$$ with tax revenue from TMS being built and Fort Worth had to be the one to get involved since Denton and Dallas would not come in. Fort Worth and Tarrant are now getting to big for their britches and need to be knocked down a little bit.