Americans for Religious Tolerance

Though I am sure some of you are going to view this as ironic, I started a facebook page today with a good friend of mine called Americans for Religious Tolerance. If you have a facebook and agree with the message, please do me a favor and like it and share it. I created it in response to the recent religiously motivated acts of violence and vandalism. All information can be found on the page.

https://www.facebook.com/AmericansForReligiousTolerance

Quick note: I'm an atheist and my friend Jake, who I decided to create the page with, is a very faithful Christian. I'm hoping that the page can catch on and grow to a mass audience, so that he and I can serve as an example of how people can not only tolerate others' beliefs, but be great friends with them as well.

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 5

Huh?

What's there to question? Between numerous acts of vandalism lately, the Sikh tragedy, and the FRC shooting today, I felt it's an appropriate time to try to get a message of peace out. I figured I'd share it with my fellow Mean Green fans.

This is the last place I'd go looking for tolerance.

Haha, I figured I'd give it a try. But apparently some people were so opposed to the idea that they negatively voted the post. Oh well, not gonna keep me awake at night. All I can do is try.

Good luck, Stormchaser. I hope it helps. If it does let's start a page on political & ideological tolerance.

Thank you sir. It's gotten shared by a couple of pages (one atheist activist, and one band that has 12,000 likes), and it's gotten 35 likes in a day, so it's off to a good start. I'm hoping it blows up enough where I can do more than spread awareness with it. Maybe raise money and donate to victims of the Sikh shooting or something, or whatever cause is relevant at a time in the future.