There is a great piece on page A13 of today's Wall Street Journal written by retired Marine Col. Tom Minion entitled "Why They Serve: 'If Not Me, Then Who?'

I am sorry that I don't know how to get a link up to that article. If anyone knows how, please post it here as EVERYONE should read that article as they head out for the long Memorial Day weekend. It drives home the point of Memorial day pretty well in my opinion. And, before you put on those water skies, jump in that pool, tee off or fire up that grill this Memorial Day, please stop for just a moment and reflect on what memorial day is really all about. We all get to put on those skies, tee up that ball, jump in that pool and fire up that grill because of folks who understood the meaning of "If not me, then who".

May Goad Bless and keep all those who have served and are serving this great nation of ours.

Be Safe.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1