Interesting Tweet from guy that covers LSU for ESPN

Harry

I wonder what assistant he is recommending. Not sure it would be Forrest, Jones has an eternity with Leonard and a lot of time with Foy. I would certainly want Jones' input and I think it would be particularly meaningful if he is pushing Forrest for the job over his long time assistants.

You can bet he is pushing Forrest. He connects with the players the best of the current staff. I don't think Charlie wants to be a head coach. I know Foy was good at Paris, but I just don't see him as the head coach. I think if Forrest is the HC, then I think Charlie and Lister will stay. Don't know about Foy. FYI, he was not with the group at lunch, but Forrest was.

I know this is Basketball and not Football. But I remember the last time a successful coach left North Texas (Fry) and recommended one of his assistants to replace him (Brashier). We (the Fry-hating administrators) didn't listen then, and the rest is history......and not a fun history either.

Edited by SilverEagle

I know this is Basketball and not Football. But I remember the last time a successful coach left North Texas (Fry) and recommended one of his assistants to replace him (Brashier). We didn't listen then, and the rest is history......and not a fun history either.

I really think it's time for us to stop making decisions based on the ghosts of yesteryear.

If making a decision and it going badly was the only reference point for NT athletics we'd never make another decision.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

You can bet he is pushing Forrest. He connects with the players the best of the current staff. I don't think Charlie wants to be a head coach. I know Foy was good at Paris, but I just don't see him as the head coach. I think if Forrest is the HC, then I think Charlie and Lister will stay. Don't know about Foy. FYI, he was not with the group at lunch, but Forrest was.

I hope Charlie stays. I hope Charlie stays. On a personal note- I've developed a nice friendship with him.

• Upvote 1

I really think it's time for us to stop making decisions based on the ghosts of yesteryear.

If making a decision and it going badly was the only reference point for NT athletics we'd never make another decision.

+1 for you. Right here, right now!