Andrew Tercek (OL) – San Antonio East Central

Andrew Tercek (OL) from San Antonio East Central was offered by NT on 2/29/12.

He would have come to NT's Jr. Day this weekend but was already commited to going to K-State's prior to receiving his offer.

Currently

- Class of 2013

- GPA: 100.757 (Ranked 13th out of 657 in class)

- Height: 6'3"

- Weight: 285

- Bench: 355 / Squat: 620 / Clean: 295 / Dead Lift: 500

- 10yd: 1.7 / 40yd: 5.2 / 5-10-5: 4.5 / Vertical: 26" / Broad: 7'11"

*** Offers: North Texas (2/29/12)

- Jr. Day Invites: Oklahoma St., Kansas St., TCU, North Texas, Boise St., Rice, and UTSA

2011-2012 (Junior)

- Season Highlights:

- District 28-5A First Team All-District

- District 28-5A Academic All-District

- TheOldCoach.com (FNF Texas) - Best of the Class of 2013

- San Antonio Express-News - District 28-5A Five Players To Watch

- 5A Region IV, Division 1, Area Finalist

- District 28-5A Champions (Undefeated in District Play)

2010-2011 (Sophomore 62/250)

- District 28-5A All-District Honorable Mention

- 5A Region IV, Division 1, Bi-District Finalist

- District 28-5A Champions (Undefeated in District Play)

Track- Shot (PB 4610) & Discus (PB 146)

- Region IV Qualifier (Discus)

- District 28-5A Champions

2009-2010 (Freshman 61/235)

- Starting Varsity Left-Tackle (14 years old)

- District 27-5A All-District Honorable Mention

- District 27-5A Academic All-District

- 5A Region IV, Division 1, Bi-District Finalist

Edited by HPUalumni
  • Upvote 2

I'm a relative of his...so I guess you can say I'm pretty close to the "situation".

Hey! Howard Payne U !

I had some great teachers from your school down in the Houston area where I'm from.

Teachers & Preachers, right?

Welcome to the board & your cousin really looks good in the video. Hope to see him wearing mean green soon.

GMG!

Hey! Howard Payne U !

I had some great teachers from your school down in the Houston area where I'm from.

Teachers & Preachers, right?

Welcome to the board & your cousin really looks good in the video. Hope to see him wearing mean green soon.

GMG!

Yep good old Howard Payne Univ. in Brownwood, TX - and yes, it is known for the preachers and teachers it produces. Wouldn't trade my time there for anything - God is still doing great things at my beloved HPU!

Candidly, Andrew is my Son, not Cousin - just being cryptic with answering the Mod for this discussion question about the "source".

Thanks for the kind words!!!

Edited by HPUalumni
  • Upvote 1

it was one of the names thrown out there for the mwc/cusa merger, which we will soon be a part of. :D

I thought they were going to keep the "Mountain West" name? Either way, it will not effect his ultimate decision. He's going to evaluate any offer seriously, visit the campus/coaches/players and will make his decision based upon multiple aspects. I can tell you this though, he would like to make his decision prior to next Fall if not sooner. When he does, you will not have to worry about him changing his mind - I've raised him to keep his word and he knows there are consequences of not doing so that will stay with him for the rest of his life.

• Upvote 2

I thought they were going to keep the "Mountain West" name? Either way, it will not effect his ultimate decision. He's going to evaluate any offer seriously, visit the campus/coaches/players and will make his decision based upon multiple aspects. I can tell you this though, he would like to make his decision prior to next Fall if not sooner. When he does, you will not have to worry about him changing his mind - I've raised him to keep his word and he knows there are consequences of not doing so that will stay with him for the rest of his life.

I was just joking with you. That's good to hear. Sounds like you've done a heck of a job raising him. Good luck to him in this decision, as I'm sure he'll have plenty of schools to choose from.

• Upvote 1

For us UNT fans down in San Antonio a question for you: does he play any spring sports so maybe we can see him play or go to his meets?

East Central turns out some great athlete's. I'm glad we are going after your son. It's great to see he is such a good scholar too, by the way. You have raised a winner....join the Mean Green caravan down HW281 in the fall...it's a great drive.

For us UNT fans down in San Antonio a question for you: does he play any spring sports so maybe we can see him play or go to his meets?

East Central turns out some great athlete's. I'm glad we are going after your son. It's great to see he is such a good scholar too, by the way. You have raised a winner....join the Mean Green caravan down HW281 in the fall...it's a great drive.

I'm very humbled by all the nice things you and the rest of the folks have posted about Andrew - Thanks!

Yes, he also Powerlifts and throws the Shot and Discus in Track...he'll actually be down in Weslaco tomorrow and Saturday for the Region IV Powerlifting Meet. Because of the Jr. Day visits, he's only been able to attend one track meet this season...took first in the Discus with a throw of 148'11". Hasn't really had the time to practice either shot or discus, but after the powerlifting season, he should start getting back into form. He actually qualified last year for the Reg. IV meet throwing the discus.

Tell me more about the MG caravan down 281. . .

• Upvote 1

Depending on the size of the party, & coordinating with some Austin ex's, its a great drive with friends once you get word out where to meet along the road (ie. 281). The hill country in the fall is beautiful & you have lots of time to just sit back & chat with people that you have a real interest with in UNT. The best thing though is there usually is very little traffic on that road, & your missing the Austin/35HW problems & police is great. Does Andy (?-is that OK?) have any brothers/sisters?

Of note; out past Marble Falls its now posted 75 MPH! My Shelby horses love to run that route!

• 2 months later...