Updated ESPN mock draft

NT03

They are going to be the cellar dwellers of the Big East. Getting clobbered twice a week is not going to help their recruiting.

I think you are wrong. Conference affiliation is and likely will remain the biggest factor in recruiting. Big East and Big 12 basketball are going to remain in the top tier of college basketball and most recruits are going to prefer even a cellar dwelling in those conferences to anyone in the Belt. In my view, the only way NT can compete from the Belt is dominate the conference, something that has not yet happened. Even if NT goes to the alliance they are going to be at a giant disadvantage. Trying to wish this away is fruitless, NT is going to have to get a lot better quickly.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

We need to actually do well in the Belt before we talk about how badass our program is each year. 20 wins is nothing when you are depending on a conference tournament win each year as the only chance for the Dance.

I think MTSU has had a pretty bad ass year and even they are no sure thing to get in if they don't win in Hot Springs. They'd probably get in, but I'm not sure they could rest easy. Basically, unless you're in a power league, or a Gonzaga type of program, you need to win your conference tournament to know you're getting in.

Do you know how few mid majors get at-large spots?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

No Mitchel... I have been watching these mock drafts from day one and always assumed he would stay and this still confirms what I think. We will have one more year of T-Mitch with Williams and Jones! We just need to do something about our conference and our arena... SMU, TCU, Baylor, and now UTA all have a leg up on us in the area... I get around the area (hear things via people) and it is really looking harder and harder to contend in the metroplex with what UTA has done and the SMU/TCU moves. UNT needs to get on the ball and take full advantage of having Mitchel!

I was taking you serious up until SMU. From what I've heard, their big arena plans won't mean much until they create an exit strategy for Coach Doh's doghouse. Yeah, they could make that great next hire, but their basketball history hasn't been kind to them in that regard.

Edited by eulessismore
  • Upvote 1

UNT is making moves to invest over $100 million in a student Union building, right after having built a new stadium, business building and life sciences building. Next I heard, the auditorium was given consideration for a renovation. I don't see the Coliseum being considered anywhere, which probably means we won't see anything major done arena-wise for the rest of the decade. I hope I'm wrong though, a new arena or a highly renovated Pit would put our athletic facilities at a really high level, specially if we eventually expand the stadium...we'd easily have the best facilities in the DFW, I think. And that would say a lot about UNT. Believe.

Edited by bleedgreen4ever
  • Upvote 3

the Super Pit needs some renovations and that's it. I don't see anything wrong with it.

some lighting and new big screen in middle and that's it.

so there is nothing wrong with the creepy 1970's bathrooms with extremely narrow entrance/exits? i guess as long as there isn't a trough we shouldnt complain.

Nope, but I can guess none of them were .500 conference teams. Which is my point.

And mine is there are plenty of teams that do VERY well in their conference slates that get left out. I don't remember the year exactly, but I know about six or seven years ago Utah State got left out with something like 28 wins.

• Upvote 1

And mine is there are plenty of teams that do VERY well in their conference slates that get left out. I don't remember the year exactly, but I know about six or seven years ago Utah State got left out with something like 28 wins.

Just a sample of teams left out last year:

Misssouri St 25-8

Coastal Carolina 24-5

Fairfield 24-7

Cleveland St 24-8

UTEP 24-9

St Mary's 23-8

As to the Utah St thing, that was 2004 and at the time USU was ranked in the AP top 25.

Nothing magic about winning 20 games. You gotta beat somebody that counts somebody in the top 50.

so there is nothing wrong with the creepy 1970's bathrooms with extremely narrow entrance/exits? i guess as long as there isn't a trough we shouldnt complain.

Diets in order perhaps? Ok, couldn't resist. The "opening" was just too large.....