Tyler Chapel Hill vs. La Vega

All About UNT

So I am listening to the game right now....

Chapel Hill and La Vega were tied at 20 with about 2 minutes left...

Chapel Hill makes a goalline stand against La Vega and STOPs them at the 1 yard line and turns the ball over on downs.

Chapel Hill then gets stuck with a 3rd and 4 and goes with Andrew Tucker for the run.......HE RUNS IT 92 Yards for a TD making the game 27-20 with 1 minute left.

Sir Calvin Wallace then forces a fumble on the next possession and the game is OVER.

In what amount of time I heard the game I had heard Sir Calvin's name mentioned at least 3-4 times.

Did you go to the game Tyler?

So I am listening to the game right now....

Chapel Hill and La Vega were tied at 20 with about 2 minutes left...

Chapel Hill makes a goalline stand against La Vega and STOPs them at the 1 yard line and turns the ball over on downs.

Chapel Hill then gets stuck with a 3rd and 4 and goes with Andrew Tucker for the run.......HE RUNS IT 92 Yards for a TD making the game 27-20 with 1 minute left.

Sir Calvin Wallace then forces a fumble on the next possession and the game is OVER.

In what amount of time I heard the game I had heard Sir Calvin's name mentioned at least 3-4 times.

Did you go to the game Tyler?

Yep - helluva game and CH almost had their butts handed to them.

That in itself is not a bad thing - last year CH blew through the playoffs with huge numbers until they met Henderson in the state championship game - then they hit a little adversity and could not handle it.

The game last night reminded me A LOT of the Henderson game last year - except this time this team found a way to win. I hope that helps them the rest of the way.

Waco La Vega is a very good team; it was a battle of two 11 - 0 teams that fought hard.

La Vega had a 4th and about 6 inches with just over a minute in the game, tied 20 - 20, and ole Sir Calvin and the rest of that defensive line stuffed them - I did not think they could do it.

La Vega had successfully run wide on CH all night and I thought that was what they would do in this case (btw, there is another CH defensive lineman that deserves a good look by D-1 teams.....Colton Moorehead, DT/DE. This kid has a tremendous upside in my humble untrained opinion).

Then, with just over a minute left and 3rd and whatever, 3 or 4 yards (La Vega called time out following first and second down with hopes of CH punting again out of the end zone - had punted once earlier out of the end zone for only 15 yards, so La Vega had big hopes of a short field), Tucker took the ball toward the left guard, then headed wide and went down the left sideline for, paper says, 93 yards.......and he starting cramping up at the 10 and was tackled as he fell into the end zone.

Did I say "helluva game"?

Final stats on the two CH running backs committed to UNT:

Andrew Tucker - 21 carries for 164 yards - an almost 8-yard average; a 1-yard TD and the 93-Yard TD. He also caught the ball twice for 72 yards receiving.

Rex Rollins - 3 carries for 8-yards. There is something going on with Rollins - played very little and that is unusual although it has happened for the 2nd week in a row. I don't know if he has an undisclosed injury or has chapped the coach or what - I will see what I can find out during the week.

As for Sir Calvin Wallace - he and the rest of the CH line were stout - La Vega ran wide a lot, but not much yardage up the middle. Sir Calvin was a beast......he is starting to step up. My UNT hope-meter for this kid has gone up a lot over the past two games.

Oh - the kid from Corsicana - somebody at UNT is dropping the ball - yeah, I know, booooooo - if they have not already taken a look at this kid.

This is from the Corsicana paper this morning:

"Yes, tailback Cameron Washington was at it again, rushing for a modern day playoff-record (for CHS) 322 yards on 39 carries, smashing his record from last week. He had four more touchdowns, giving him a school record 37 for the season. He passed Ketric Sanford’s tremendous senior year of 2,616 yards in 1995 for the second best single-season game in the modern era, doing it in the same number of games — 12.

Washington has 2,663 yards now this season and needs 99 to break Sanford’s 1994 record of 2,761 yards in a season. Washington has rushed for more than 300 yards in consecutive playoff games, the first to do it once for Corsicana in the modern era, and now the first two do it twice."

GMG

• Upvote 2