Key to our offense improving

TheColonyEagle

You can have all the skill players you want but without an o line, the offense just doesn't work. Our o line is starting to gel. Same thing I'm seeing with the cowboys today.

Both had similar inexperienced o lines and it has shown so far but both are starting to come together.

It's amazing how good your running back looks with holes and how good your QB and WRs look with time.

Looking forward to the last 2 games and feeling good about the future even without Lance next year.

I honestly don't believe that there is a key to an improving offense (or defense for that matter either). This is a team game and a good coach will exploit any weakness.

It's true that the game can be won or lost in the trenches but without the skill players they can have all day to run or pass and if you don't have the hosses to throw, run and catch you still won't score. Everyone has a job to do and a chain is just as strong as its weakest link.

It is good to see the line gel. They're opening holes, giving the quarterback more time to throw and allowing the other players an extra second or two to make plays.

Lastly, as we saw with Hamilton, it's also very important to have depth.

• Upvote 2

It's true that the game can be won or lost in the trenches but without the skill players they can have all day to run or pass and if you don't have the hosses to throw, run and catch you still won't score. Everyone has a job to do and a chain is just as strong as its weakest link.

With good lines, you can overcome lack of speed at the skill positions and succeed with a QB that only has to manage the game. I also think if you're winning the blocking in the trenches, the x-and-os doesn't need to be so creative.

There are fast guys everywhere. T.Y. Hiltons every year. But the team that usually wins the Belt has some playmakers called linemen.

I don't think that's necessarily a disagreement, but I felt compelled to add that.

• Upvote 4

Imo, DT did an excellent job of taking shots downfield. We've missed this alot this year and he let his receivers (Delgado, Bynes) make big plays last Saturday. DT is a gunslinger and we need Chico to encourage that mentality. So I'm not sure if it was DT going back to his style of play or Chico encouraging it. Either way we need more of it on Saturday. GMG.