Darrell Dickey Update

Harry

Jeremy said his uncle is a good coach and never changes his personality for practices or games.

“He doesn’t try and act different on the field,” Jeremy Dickey said.  “He uses his personality to get his point across. He is easy to get along with, a good guy. [He’s] never negative and a positive motivator.”

Jeremy Dickey, who played quarterback in high school, said his uncle was a significant catalyst in leading him to become a collegiate athlete.

“My dad was a coach, too, so he was probably the first person to get me into the game, but my uncle was a major reason I wanted to play at the next level,” Jeremy Dickey said. “When he coached at North Texas we always went to his bowl games and seeing all of that made me what to play college football even more.”

Despite the deep family roots in coaching, Jeremy Dickey said he does not want to coach after his playing career ends.

“I’ve been around it my entire life and I want to do something with my major, business marketing,” he said. “I think owning a business would be pretty cool.”

Dickey drew comparisons between quarterback Diondre Borel, whom he coached for two years at North Texas, and Texas State’s quarterback Shaun Rutherford.

Read More:

http://star.txstate.edu/node/4810