Upper bowl seat nazis :)

akriesman

OK. Calling them seat Nazi's is really not true. They were very friendly, helpful and supportive of our program. I'll just call them seat security from now on.

Here is the problem though.

A lot of us have seats in the first several rows in the upper deck. For most of the game, the seat security guys and ladies stand at the top of the stairs leading to the upper deck. When they do this, it really blocks the view for many of us along the isles in the first few rows.

A couple of times, I saw the head of the seat security mention to them to stand a few steps down during the action. This is a fantastic idea and is really helpful to us fans. However, it was not enforced on a consistent basis.

Does anybody know who I can talk, so that we can have the seat security people not stand on the top platform and block the view during the game (on a regular basis) ? I know there are some kinks to work out with the new stadium. But, I heard several impatient fans yelling at the seat security folks to get out of the way (not very politely). I would rather go about this in a nicer manner if possible, to avoid the verbal abuse that the security folks will get if this policy is not changed.

I was a little worried about the railings on the top of the stairs blocking the views. But, I never expected the security folks to camp out there (which is much worse).

Thanks for any advice you can give. I felt kind of bad for the security guy in our section as he had several nasty comments thrown at him.

Edited by akriesman

Definitely a good point and, seemingly, one that can be resolved fairly easily. I think calling the Mean Green Club (if you are a member) and letting those folks know might be a good place to start. Many Mean green Club reps and department personnel were asking for this type of feedback all night Saturday. If not the Mean green Club, just call the Athletic Dept. main number and give them your thoughts/ask who you can talk with. You seem to be reasonable in your approach and comments, so I think they would very much welcome your call. They don't know it's a problem unless someone brings it to their attention.

Not the silly, petty stuff, but this type of constructive criticism is always a good thing to hear. Nice help here.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Definitely a good point and, seemingly, one that can be resolved fairly easily. I think calling the Mean Green Club (if you are a member) and letting those folks know might be a good place to start. Many Mean green Club reps and department personnel were asking for this type of feedback all night Saturday. If not the Mean green Club, just call the Athletic Dept. main number and give them your thoughts/ask who you can talk with. You seem to be reasonable in your approach and comments, so I think they would very much welcome your call. They don't know it's a problem unless someone brings it to their attention.

Not the silly, petty stuff, but this type of constructive criticism is always a good thing to hear. Nice help here.

Thanks for the info. I'll call tomorrow and let them know.

I am in 206, near 205. But, I actually heard somebody all the way on the other side of 206 (near 207 ?).

i am near 206 so you may have also heard from some guy a few rows behind me. after the security guard learned his lesson, some defenseless bystander on the way to his seat got sidetracked at the bottom of the steps and decided to watch a play... they quickly opened fire on him.

i am near 206 so you may have also heard from some guy a few rows behind me. after the security guard learned his lesson, some defenseless bystander on the way to his seat got sidetracked at the bottom of the steps and decided to watch a play... they quickly opened fire on him.

Yes. I remember seeing that also.