Japan is on a mission of their own just as the USA is in this World Cup. This will be a tough match-up for the US as the Japanese like to play a control game and kick it around in the midfield awaiting a shot opportunity. The US is bigger and stronger, but the Japanese have shown they are willing to mix it up with bigger teams...see Germany about that. The US MUST MUST pressure the Japanese in the midfield and not let them control the game like the French did yesterday. The French had about 55% of the possession and out shot the US terribly. If the US lets Japan control the pace and the possession clock I am fearful of the outcome. The Japanese are really playing to help their nation overcome the recent disasters. It's a mission for them, and they are responding accordingly. The US must step up and take charge early. The height of the US forwards and midfielders against the Japanese could be a factor on corners and set plays into the box...not to mention flow of play action. Look for Wambach to try several of her headers into the net. Must get pressure and not lose the midfield to the Japanese. may well be another classic game. Can't wait to see the action Sunday.

GO USA!!!!!! Beat Japan!!!!!!!

USA...USA...USA.....GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL!!!!!

QUESTION: Has Rapinoe earned the start for the final?

Edited by KRAM1

Japan is on a mission of their own just as the USA is in this World Cup. This will be a tough match-up for the US as the Japanese like to play a control game and kick it around in the midfield awaiting a shot opportunity. The US is bigger and stronger, but the Japanese have shown they are willing to mix it up with bigger teams...see Germany about that. The US MUST MUST pressure the Japanese in the midfield and not let them control the game like the French did yesterday. The French had about 55% of the possession and out shot the US terribly. If the US lets Japan control the pace and the possession clock I am fearful of the outcome. The Japanese are really playing to help their nation overcome the recent disasters. It's a mission for them, and they are responding accordingly. The US must step up and take charge early. The height of the US forwards and midfielders against the Japanese could be a factor on corners and set plays into the box...not to mention flow of play action. Look for Wambach to try several of her headers into the net. Must get pressure and not lose the midfield to the Japanese. may well be another classic game. Can't wait to see the action Sunday.

GO USA!!!!!! Beat Japan!!!!!!!

USA...USA...USA.....GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL!!!!!

QUESTION: Has Rapinoe earned the start for the final?

I agree that the US needs to control the midfield better and that our set pieces need to great. I don't think Rapinoe should start as she seems to play better coming on later. I would like to see Alex Morgan get a start as our speedy forward though.

WOW...can you spell dominate, and then lose??? Ouch, how do you forget where the net is located in the shootout., and how in the world did that thing get to a shootout or even extra time for that matter??? Should have been a 4or 5 to 2 win for the US. But, it was not to be...congrats to the Japanese team. Really the "feel good" story of the World Cup and they played their game to perfection throughout the tournament. The ladies of the US did us all proud and played their hearts out, but it was just not to be, but thanks for the exciting times and great games. You did yourselves and your sport proud.

Can't say it wasn't exciting, just wasn't the ending I was looking forward to celebrating.

• Upvote 1