Recent Tweet From Coach Mac

Harry

Coach tweets, "Some "folks" in Texas call this tornado season, I call this recruiting season! GMG!"

Like the recruiting comment, but love the "GMG!"

What is this "tweet" you speak of... if coach MAC can do it at 57 years old, I guess I should figure this out at some point.... let's get a commit or two in the next month or so... once we break the seal, I will get a sense of comfort...when do we get first commits typically?

What is this "tweet" you speak of... if coach MAC can do it at 57 years old, I guess I should figure this out at some point.... let's get a commit or two in the next month or so... once we break the seal, I will get a sense of comfort...when do we get first commits typically?

It's sort of a catch 22. The better players think they are all going BCS and are being strung along even though there are limited spots. So you don't want to give up an early commit unless it is a kid that is very decided on North Texas and will follow through and even then you run the risk of a BCS coming in late. Personally I never liked when Dodge did the early commitments and we have always gotten the better players late in the game. What I like about this staff is they are getting on players early, making an impression and thus setting the stage for opportunities at a later time. The key is the followup, if the player and his family see that our staff cares and he is wanted it helps! The biggest key is getting them on campus, if we get them and their family on campus our odds skyrocket!

newest tweet from DMac "People tell us not to waste our time with these "BCS" athletes.... When we get them, time's not wasted, it's well spent! GMG!!!"

everyone should hop onto his Twitter Account that has access and let him know we are watching...that way he will post more and give us his tidbits and pearls of wisdom!

Here is his Twitter Location

Dan McCarney's Twitter Handle

Maybe it is the exception to the rule, but Lance Dunbar was a June commitment.

Lance was an exception due to the fact he relocated to the area from another state and had strong personal ties to UNT Asst Clayton George who was his High School coach.

It's sort of a catch 22. The better players think they are all going BCS and are being strung along even though there are limited spots. So you don't want to give up an early commit unless it is a kid that is very decided on North Texas and will follow through and even then you run the risk of a BCS coming in late. Personally I never liked when Dodge did the early commitments and we have always gotten the better players late in the game. What I like about this staff is they are getting on players early, making an impression and thus setting the stage for opportunities at a later time. The key is the followup, if the player and his family see that our staff cares and he is wanted it helps! The biggest key is getting them on campus, if we get them and their family on campus our odds skyrocket!

This is a great point. Don't expect Mac to take many early commits.

At an underdog school like ISU, accepting early offers was risky. There is no guarantee the commit would hold when other more high profile offers came in under the gun.

However, he WILL turn the tables on other schools last minute when these borderline BCS recruits finally realize they won't get an offer from Texas, OU, or whoever... as an added bonus these dudes will all play like they have flames coming out their asses. They feel slighted... something to prove...