Vic Schaefer Bio

Harry

No hire will be announced until the WBCA convention is completed so the candidate can be present for a press conference. Tomorrow should wrap up the festivities in Indianapolis. 99% of active coaches & assistants are members of the WBCA and attend the conference during the Final 4.

There was a great article about Schaefer dealing with his son's accident last summer. He spend 39 nights at the hospital. Here is the link, but you might need to be a Dallas Morning News subscriber to read it.

I hate the DaMN with every fiber of my being for making 3/4 of their articles hidden to those that have to have some sort of a subscription to read the articles. It's nothing more than a money grab.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I hate the DaMN with every fiber of my being for making 3/4 of their articles hidden to those that have to have some sort of a subscription to read the articles. It's nothing more than a money grab.

Ya what are those guys thinking trying to make money off of their hard work? Jeez

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Ya what are those guys thinking trying to make money off of their hard work? Jeez

It's not like they had to do anything extra to put it online. :rolleyes: I hope they find their online ad revenue fall off a cliff because they aren't getting the page views they used to. I'm going to the FW*T for more of my local news.

Edited by UNTFan23
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

No hire will be announced until the WBCA convention is completed so the candidate can be present for a press conference. Tomorrow should wrap up the festivities in Indianapolis. 99% of active coaches & assistants are members of the WBCA and attend the conference during the Final 4.

you sound like y ou have knowledge of the situation. should be expect a visit from vic after that?

It's not like they had to do anything extra to put it online. :rolleyes: I hope they find their online ad revenue fall off a cliff because they aren't getting the page views they used to. I'm going to the FW*T for more of my local news.

They weren't making money from their online ads. Hence the paywall.

God forbid a company does something to make money for the work they put in. It's both amazing and sad how many people have taken the Dallas Morning News' paywall personally.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Bryan McCarthy?

Wow. I wasn't trying to get DaMN.com articles [illegally] and then pilfering them out to people while bypassing payment systems. I just don't think what the DaMN offers is worth paying for in addition to whatever ads are forced upon me (thank goodness for innovations like ABP).

I would like to point out that I LOVE satellite radio because I don't have to listen to windbag DJs and radios ads. I get exactly what I want which is music, music, and more music. I'm more than willing to pay for something (like radio which you can get FOR FREE) when the product offered is worth the cost.

Edited by UNTFan23
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

you sound like y ou have knowledge of the situation. should be expect a visit from vic after that?

I'm in the dark like everyone else. I am pretty confident that RV will give alot of thought and consideration into this hire though.

I only know about the WBCA because when my daughter was being recruited, all the coaches that were recruiting her went to the convention.

I'm in the dark like everyone else. I am pretty confident that RV will give alot of thought and consideration into this hire though.

I only know about the WBCA because when my daughter was being recruited, all the coaches that were recruiting her went to the convention.

Oh, I think you know much more than you are letting on here.......:sword::thumbsu: