Coach Fran And His 1St Practice

All About UNT

So by your logic, we should post crapola about every coach that ever worked here or was rumored to have interviewed to try to work here?

No thanks. I would rather see posts about who is going to be in the DT rotation next year, since that actually has pretty much everything to do with whether we win or not.

And yes, I know I don't have to read the thread if I don't want to. Just trying to make a point, yet again. The hard working folks that bring us GMG.com set up multiple forums for a reason. Use them.

I'm not saying it should or shouldn't be posted, just that it will.

Much like the Harbaugh angst when Dodge was still here. Plus, with the recent record of coaching hires, I think it is kinda pertinent to keep an eye on who was passed over. Don't really care about their first practice, but I chalk that up to the newness of both hires.

• Upvote 1

Everyone knows speaking to the media is what wins football games.

Hah, exactly.

Definitely more soft-spoken, but he probably repeats himself less.

At the end of the video, I noticed a "Dickey" with his back to the camera--any relation?

Yes, Fran hired Darrel Dickey. He is primarily the Running Backs coach, but is also the Co-OC. The Dickey you saw was Jeremy Dickey, Darrel's nephew who transferred from Tarleton to TXST when Fran hired his uncle.

The real OC who will be playing the calls is Mike Schultz. Schultz is most well known in Texas for being the OC at TCU for 11 years...up until 08 when he got an OC position with U of Illinois that didn't work out. Fran was lucky to have scooped him up.

Hah, exactly.

Yes, Fran hired Darrel Dickey. He is primarily the Running Backs coach, but is also the Co-OC. The Dickey you saw was Jeremy Dickey, Darrel's nephew who transferred from Tarleton to TXST when Fran hired his uncle.

The real OC who will be playing the calls is Mike Schultz. Schultz is most well known in Texas for being the OC at TCU for 11 years...up until 08 when he got an OC position with U of Illinois that didn't work out. Fran was lucky to have scooped him up.

Good luck, you MF'er. (Just trying to get you ready for Coach Dickey)

Edited by UNTLifer