Sunbelt (2/26/11)

CMJ

ASU clinches the W1 seed with a win and the winner of WKU/MTSU gets the E2 seed. If we win tonight, the game with UALR Tuesday will basically be a playoff for the W4 seed. If we lose tonight, we get the W5 seed. It all may seem irrelevant, but if we can get back on track we are going to need a good path in the tourney to have any chance of winning it. I would not mind playing ASU again even though they will have a large crowd.

ASU clinches the W1 seed with a win and the winner of WKU/MTSU gets the E2 seed. If we win tonight, the game with UALR Tuesday will basically be a playoff for the W4 seed. If we lose tonight, we get the W5 seed. It all may seem irrelevant, but if we can get back on track we are going to need a good path in the tourney to have any chance of winning it. I would not mind playing ASU again even though they will have a large crowd.

If we lose tonight vs. Denver and UALR loses at Arkansas St, wouldn't Tuesday's game still be a playoff for W4 seed. We could tie them in the standings with a win, and would get the 4 seed since we beat them twice. Am I missing something here?

• Upvote 1

If we lose tonight vs. Denver and UALR loses at Arkansas St, wouldn't Tuesday's game still be a playoff for W4 seed. We could tie them in the standings with a win, and would get the 4 seed since we beat them twice. Am I missing something here?

You are 100% right. My brain is fried from this Marketing Project. Good Catch.

Here is what the bracket looks like now. The teams in red (UNT and UALR) are the only teams that don't have a guaranteed seed. UNT is technically the W4 seed right now, and UALR the W5 seed, but I forgot to change it, and since they are the only two teams that can change spots I just left it.

The winner of the UNT/UALR game will be the W4 seed, and will play Troy. The loser of the UNT/UALR game will be the W5 seed, and will play USA.

gallery_6857_13_20259.jpg

• Upvote 1

I cannot decide which route I want... Troy and Florida Atlantic or South Alabama and Ark State??? I think I lean toward the USA/ASU route, but that means we lose at Ark-LR... We need all the momentum we can get so I'll pull for a win at Ark-LR, and then wins over Troy and Florida Atlantic.

• Upvote 1

I cannot decide which route I want... Troy and Florida Atlantic or South Alabama and Ark State??? I think I lean toward the USA/ASU route, but that means we lose at Ark-LR... We need all the momentum we can get so I'll pull for a win at Ark-LR, and then wins over Troy and Florida Atlantic.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. The bottom half of the bracket definitely appears to be the more favorable. I also do not like that WKU is on that top half of the bracket with us if we do end with the W4 seed. Either way, we are going to have to go through a good team.

If we lose in LR I won't be upset because of the better tourney path, but we do need the momentum...