Deandre Elliott, Cornerback (Dallas Carter)

SUMG

He was at the banquet....was on his official visit to NT. He's a solid verbal for Colorado State, but maybe he'll change his mind:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-DeAndre-Elliott-121930

The coach who is recruiting him from Colorado State is an alumni of my high school. However with that being said, we should tell him that its too cold in Colorado come to Denton.

That 2.8 GPA kinda scares me. It's not as easy to stay eligible in college as it is in high school.

Not to mention the 16 ACT. Can you get into UNT/qualify for the NCAA with that?

Wait a minute, his SAT is 1329?!?...is a perfect SAT score still 1600, and a perfect ACT somewhere around 36?

Jeez, I'm getting old. The C-State coach recruiting him is Tim Duffie. I think I remember Duffie playing for Texas Tech in the late 90s. Just doesn't seem that long ago.

I also think Duffie played at Carter, so this one might be hard to pry away. But, I'm hoping we can. I'd like to see us take this kind of kid, put 20-30 pounds on him, and move him to linebacker, the way TCU has done so well; and, OU as well with their linebacker who was a running back in high school, Travis Lewis.

Jeez, I'm getting old. The C-State coach recruiting him is Tim Duffie. I think I remember Duffie playing for Texas Tech in the late 90s. Just doesn't seem that long ago.

I also think Duffie played at Carter, so this one might be hard to pry away. But, I'm hoping we can. I'd like to see us take this kind of kid, put 20-30 pounds on him, and move him to linebacker, the way TCU has done so well; and, OU as well with their linebacker who was a running back in high school, Travis Lewis.

Tim Duffie is from my hometown of Jefferson, Texas. He played at Jefferson in the mid 90s and at Tech in the late 90s. His mom ran the cafeteria's for JISD. I think we have a chance in getting this kid. Tim recruited a kid from my hometown, that signed with Colorado State last year. The kid was a guy UNT was after as well. The kid ended up transfering to SFA at the end of this past semester.