Another I-State Congrats!

Yellow Snow

Hey guys me again…

This board has been a great read the last few days :P

Youre fan base basically went through the same transformation I went through when Iowa State hired DMac. We fired Jim Walden after 12 years of COMPLETE AND TOTAL futility and I was hoping for a spash hire… I was like Dan who??? when they announced McCarney. But then I watched his introductory press conference… Wow… I had the same reaction yall (is that proper use of yall?) are having now. Hes impressive, eh? The best part is the fact that its not coach-speak from him. The man will to follow through and do what he says hell do. Trust me… good times are ahead for you folks.

I am so extremely happy for everybody at UNT right now! I never in my wildest dreams thought I was as sentimental about DMac as I am, but this whole thing brought out the fond memories of him at I-State

Believe me, Im a MEAN GREEN fan now! Its good to have a Texas team I can actually root for (cant stand UT, A&M or Tech for obvious reasons). TCU and SMU… meh… dont care...

UNT on the other hand… Im going to be sporting the MEAN GREEN gear up here in northern Iowa! Speaking of that… where is a good place you can get UNT hats, etc. online?

Good luck fellas… go out and kick some ass now! Im going to probably be bothering you on this message board from now on… lol… sorry in advance. :blink:

You got it right. It's y'(ou)all meaning all of you. Also, don't be too hard on him for the use of 'eh'. Plumm uses that as well and he used to think that Houston was in North Texas.

Edited by GrayEagle

Iowa State is an annomaly in terms of ticket sales. If I'm not mistaken, we broke records under Mac, but there were games where we just didn't show up, most in my memory was Missouri in 2004. Last game of the season and a win won the North for us, yet it seemed like there weren't even 30,000 people there (a roughly 50,000 seat stadium). Didn't help that it was about a million below zero outside (anyone who has spent a winter in Iowa can attest that temp probably isn't too far off from what it actually was).

That being said, the man can energize the fan base, and with a new stadium and an enrgetic coach that will spend time in the community, I wouldn't be shocked in the least to see records shattered for you guys in attendence.