Does Coach Canales Stay On Staff If Mccauley Is Hc?

pogWo4life

Is RV not even listening to his players?

It has nothing to do with RV and everything to do with Canales and the new HC at that point. We've gone back and forth on this for weeks now, so I'm going to spell it out one last time - please pay attention.

1. The new HC chooses the staff. Period. If he doesn't, then there's no point in having a head coach.

2. Canales wants to be a HC somewhere NEXT YEAR. Which means that if he's not at that press conference next week, he's going to be hitting the pavement with his resume and finding himself a head coaching job. Given the demonstration he just gave for the last 5 games, I don't think he'll have too much trouble finding something, somewhere.

3. The new HC chooses the staff.

4. It's McCarney, not McCauley.

Now, can we PLEASE stop posting these inane threads?

No way in hell. Canales made it very clear after the game that he wants to be a head coach. Too bad RV doesn't feel the same way. Let's just hope that if McCarney is the new coach, he produces quickly.

I really doubt if Canales is not offered the HC job here he will be a head coach anywhere in the FBS next year. Why would anyone hire him besides us in the real world?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I really doubt if Canales is not offered the HC job here he will be a head coach anywhere in the FBS next year. Why would anyone hire him besides us in the real world?

I really don't get why you hate Canales so much. Is there something that you would have liked to have seen that he didn't show in the past five games? When the season started, I had UNT going 0-4 in December, and 1-3 at best. Yeah, they went 1-3, but the lost all three games by an average of 8.7 points. They fought hard and were in games they had no business being in. If you were looking for something else over the past five games, then you should switch out your magnifying glass.

Mike Canales is demonstrably ready to be a head coach. If we won't give him that opportunity then we have to let him go. :(

He will be successful. Let's wish him and his wife well.