Troy @ #17 S. Carolina

Stix

terrible mental error by the Troy QB just before the half. He should have taken the sack instead of trying to throw it away - the clock had run out. Instead, the S.C. defender manages to get the ball before it hits the ground, and runs it back for a TD. 56-7 instead of 49-7.

terrible mental error by the Troy QB just before the half. He should have taken the sack instead of trying to throw it away - the clock had run out. Instead, the S.C. defender manages to get the ball before it hits the ground, and runs it back for a TD. 56-7 instead of 49-7.

Honestly, I don't think there is much difference between 56-7 and 49-7. :(

This definitely makes the close loss to Troy look a little less impressive.

Troy has regressed a bit this year, there's little doubt of that. I'm sure they'll be stronger next season.

They may be stronger or it could be the beginning of a downturn for Troy. Their recruiting scheme of over signing borderline academic athletics has been at least partially derailed by new rules. One bad year or a downturn for their program, only time will tell.

No, they are not. FIU is.

Troy got slaughtered today and thus far I think FIU will be the only SBC school with 6 or more wins. When Troy was on the eve of SBC membership and in its first few years they were hanging in with such teams as I recall.

On this league's 10'th anniversary one could say........well, better left unsaid... :no:

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

troy is the best in the sunbelt this year. it shows how bad the league is as a whole. we may not have two bowl teams to offer

I disagree in I think FIU may be the best of an overall gown league. This is the worst Troy team they've had in ages. Troy used to scare teams like South Carolina. With MTSU down with the Dasher fiasco this is clearly overall a pretty down year for the SBC.

They may be stronger or it could be the beginning of a downturn for Troy. Their recruiting scheme of over signing borderline academic athletics has been at least partially derailed by new rules. One bad year or a downturn for their program, only time will tell.

This is what I think about Troy going forward. They have followed our path in SBC play. First dominating, then it starts to decline when the other programs get rolling. Watch out for FIU. That team is going to be your next Belt heavyweight going forward. Cristobal is a great young coach and he has credibility with Miami recruiting. But, I do believe that Troy will drop significantly over the next few years. It won't be as far as we dropped, but it will be a drop. And, I still think MUTS will be a big player at the top of the SBC, too. I think that Stockstill is a good coach and this year just had too many hurdles for them. I can't see them regressing from this year. It just illustrates how important it will be to get a great coach here in the next few weeks.