Back From Clemson......photos

FirefightnRick

Got back from Clemson this evening.

img_7453_500x330.jpg

Clemson has the detail and manicured campus of Oklahoma State's, the fan hospitality of Nebraska's, the pregame party of LSU, the stadium of texasU, accessibility of U Lafayette all sitting in the middle of rolling foothill mountains covered under 80 foot Pine, Cyprus and Oak trees. And it is a very easy place to get to from here. Coming back today we made it from Suwanee, GA(northeast of Atlanta)to Dallas in eleven hours, forty five minutes. If you ever get a chance to go this is the one place you should make for an out of town game.

img_7436_640x386.jpg

I was very proud of our team and how they played all things considered. I liked how this team handled themselves under pressure, not looking overwhelmed, moving the ball and forcing Clemson to punt and never giving up. Here's a shot I got of Darius Carey's touchdown.

img_7483_500x273.jpg

Other than for the loss this was one of my favorite road trips of all time. I'm looking forward to opening day at home next Saturday. I'll post more photos later.

Rick

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

I am glad you had a good time at the game and more glad that you enjoyed your visit. As I told the NT fans behind me I hope you enjoyed good sportsmanship, hospitality and fellowship and not to make this your last trip here. We take pride in seeing comments such as yours after the game.

Imagine that. A school with a huge fan following, that treats their opponents with respect and thinks that game day should be fun for everyone. OU, LSU, UT, A$M and Texas Tech fans could learn a lot from "ya'll". Thanks ClemsonFan. I'm now very sorry that I passed up the trip.

Edited by SilverEagle

I am glad you had a good time at the game and more glad that you enjoyed your visit. As I told the NT fans behind me I hope you enjoyed good sportsmanship, hospitality and fellowship and not to make this your last trip here. We take pride in seeing comments such as yours after the game.

Beautiful campus & the nicest people I've ever meet. I hope we play there again someday.I think if my boy grows up and wanted to play for Clemson I wouldn't get too upset. Best of luck for the rest of the season

Imagine that. A school with a huge fan following, that treats their opponents with respect and thinks that game day should be fun for everyone. OU, LSU, UT, A$M and Texas Tech fans could learn a lot from "ya'll". Thanks ClemsonFan. I'm now very sorry that I passed up the trip.

You could certainly tell the Clemson fans are concerned about their positive image. When they would ask and find out E and I drove there they would ask something like, "So you guys go to all the games, so how does Clemson compare to all those Big 12 etc schools?". And of course we would tell them it pretty much doesn't overall.

Bill, next time your going with us.

Rick

Glad to hear you had a good trip. Wish the stadium had been a little fuller or that you could have a seen night game which is a spectacle. I was very impressed with your team. I think a lot of Clemson folks thought this would be a walk. It certainly was not. Tune and Dunbar are gamers. I think you're in for a solid season and we'll all be following your progress.

My impression(s) of Clemson:

* It was a nice campus, not stellar, but nice.

* The stadium is good and thankfully they didn't back the visitors in the sun (ahem, UT).

* Clemson fans weren't over the top nice, they were on the verge of being completely ignorant to our presence. I prefer ignorance over the way OU fans are. We didn't get invited into any tailgate, though we tried by leaning in an asking questions about Clemson -- to which I heard "Clemson grows to the second largest city in SC" 23 times. This isn't a problem normally at most schools, they love to feed and mock the opponents. As it turns out, the Clemson fan just looked through us and our green attire, literally. It was as if they didn't know our school colors are green/white. It wasn't bad or good -- just was peaceful. We went "downtown" to find a burger and everyone I asked where to get the best burger, they looked at me blankly and then said "I dunno." It was odd. I thought that perhaps we weren't "downtown", just on the campus drag, so I asked a man if we were downtown and he said that we were in fact "as downtown as you could possibly be." We ended up at an empty place and were surprised to discover it was a sushi joint (!!), but we could order from the adjacent wing place for gameday food. It turned out to be a rather nice place to watch games and drink cold ones -- on a side note the server had some choice comments about a "minority based small school south of here" and gave my whole group puppy heads.

* Wow, the town of Clemson is tiny -- 12k.

* Clemson Uni isn't much larger -- 17k.

It was a fun trip -- near the top of my list. I found a place in Chapel Hill that served me up a 23yo Bourbon for $51 a serving and discovered the Carolina love for biscuits.

Edited by SteaminWillieBeamin