Some Thoughts On The Mess At Smu

I think Vito is right because he is agreeing with what I said after the Final Four. You need to figure out what your student body is like and then recruit athletes that can fit in to be successful.

http://beltboard.com/?p=386

If that's the case, how would BYU ever recruit? :lol:

I find it very difficult to believe that this would be a big enough issue to June Jones that he would start contemplating his future at SMU, much less quit over this mess. What happened and the way it happened wasn't ideal and it really sucks for the kids to find out when they did. However, it's not all that different from what June Jones did to Julian Herron and a few others during his house cleaning a while back. I don't want to take anything away from Hall or Parker, but neither was considered a top national recruit (Hall was a Rivals 3-star and Parker was un-rated). Had this happened to a 5-star or even 4-star prospect, I think that would be a different story. But, I think SMU's past has proven that they'll "Pony Up" for the 4 and 5-star kids. B)